PDA

View Full Version : Another furniture Q- anyone else like the "Southern Living" look?

gatorsmom
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
I didn't want to hijack Piglet's thread but I need a new sofa desperately (and her post reminded me I've been meaning to post here too). There's a board broken inside the sofa somewhere so it leans funny if someone sits on the arm. Also, the fabric is ripping next to the zipper so pretty hard to repair. Oh, and it's pilling something terrible. The kids have been really hard on it.

I love the way my house is decorated and only really need a new sofa. Well, and maybe a new overstuffed chair. I want something that fits right into my living room without having to go around and shop. That's nearly impossible with kids.

Any suggestions on where to shop online? Is this even realistic to think I could find a sofa without going out and hunting one down? thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

ETA: The store I bought it from doesn't make that model sofa anymore and the fabric has been discontinued. So, I can't go back and get the same sofa or I would.

spanannie
01-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I bought a chair made by this manufacturer for the baby's room that I LOVE. It is so beautiful and comfortable and it came with a slipcover. The fabrics they have to choose from are all wonderful. I did have to visit a place that sold the brand to choose my fabrics and sit on them, but I ordered from a North Carolina store over the phone. I will order my next sofa from this brand. If you love the Southern Living look, I'm sure they'll have a fabric that will suit you.

http://www.shopfourseasonsfurniture.com/

ETA: Here is a retailer where I first spotted this line (though they don't tell you that Four Seasons is the brand). This is the chair that I bought
http://www.laylagrayce.com/Products/Sarah-Slipcovered-Chair-or-Swivel-Glider__FSAC45.aspx
If you click on Fabric Options, you can see a lot of their fabrics, but the company offers many more that you can see at a store that offers their collection. Again, if you order from a store in NC, the furniture is less than on this site (I'm sure they'd love me for posting that here).