PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosing Eczema

jenny
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
How do you know if dry skin is eczema? DD is 6 months old and she started out with a dry patch of skin on her right temple at around 3 months and then it's gotten progressively worse and spread to her left temple and on her forehead. The skin is really dry and almost bumpy around the rash areas. Sometimes she scratches at it when rubbing her head or eyes. I know that she moves her head from left to right when she sleeps, so that's probably aggravating the rash area even more.

I've put aquaphor on the skin and it helps a little but doesn't change the texture of the skin (it's still bumpy)

She doesn't have a rash anywhere on her body, although her arms are really dry and bumpy too, but not irritated like her face.

Is this eczema?

Finsup
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Maybe. My son had red, dry spots on the back of his legs, the were slightly bumpy in some areas. I tried aquaphor and a variety of other creams, nothing seemd to help consistently.

Finally I took him in to the doc, he said it was eczema and I should treat it with an OTC 1% corisone cream while it was red and moisturize the heck out of him daily.

Since I have been doing that the red, scaly rash has been manageable.

jenny
02-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks! what 1% cortisone cream did you use?