PDA

View Full Version : Exhaustion is the new anesthetic

ShanaMama
01-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I am going through my days in a daze. I really feel like I'm slightly anesthetized. Not complaining- I have a pretty high pressure job and lately the pressure just isn't getting to me. (Not that I'm not working hard, I just don't seem to be stressed out like I should be!)
Then I come home and try to juggle nursing the baby with the 3 yo who has a too-long day. Tonight both kids were shrieking at the same time. I just started laughing. I guess this is kind of an anti bitch because I am not upset, just wierded out about how nothing seems to faze me anymore.
I think I crossed the line in sleep deprivation. I am a super hero. I am invincible. Nothing can touch me anymore. :jammin:

dcmom2b3
01-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Hugs, mama. You're right, exhaustion does equal numbness past a certain point. I think it's nature's way of giving us a much needed break.

I'm right there with you.

ShanaMama
01-14-2009, 01:11 AM
MH- good to 'see' you. How is everything on your end?

MontrealMum
01-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Shanamama...I'm sorry you're feeling so exhausted...have you thought about having your thyroid checked? I went through a similar thing post-partum (hypothyroidism) and was around your months pp when my doc finally figured it out. It made a world of difference for me. Just a suggestion. It wasn't something that I really knew much about so I am very into doing PSAs for it.

MH - I think about you often and hope that you're doing well :)

mommylamb
01-14-2009, 12:15 PM
You ARE a super hero!!

TraciG
01-14-2009, 03:31 PM
yes you are a super hero I am tired & I don't work, I don't know how you do it !

I HOPE you can sleep good VERY soon. I haven't slept thru the night since I was pregnant, even then I would wake up to pee a lot ! My DS is almost 11 month's & up twice still at night. Sometimes even DD get's up,it NEVER end's.

I know what you mean, when you're so tired you feel kind of drugged .

DrSally
01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Great Attitude! All you need to do is get the kids fed and in bed. On nights like that, don't worry about anything else like dishes, laundry, baths, etc.

dcmom2b3
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
MH- good to 'see' you. How is everything on your end?

Thanks for thinking of us, everyone. We're all good. Ti-red, adjusting to new life rhythms and all that, but good. Bunny is amazing, inspiring in her resiliance. Superhero in training, I think!

So . . . . I've got the invisible jet warming up outside; what-say you all put on your tights, capes, bulletproof bracelets and all the other acoutrements of superhero mommy hood, and I'll swing by and pick you all up for some high hilarity.

Who's got the golden lasso? Always wanted to try that sucker out!!

Love and (super)hugs to all,

MH

shawnandangel
01-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear you're doing okay. I noticed your absence from the boards after your life event and am so happy to see you back and know that E is doing well! Welcome back and please know you still have my prayers.