PDA

View Full Version : deals on 2008 pliko? comparison?

cherish
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi,
I'm located in NYC, and am looking at plikos. Folks seem to mention that older models of pliko are available for much lower prices. Any advice on how to find deals on older strollers? (Would prefer to see it in person).
Thanks!

Any advice between zippy/pliko/BJCM?

AnnieW625
01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I like the Zippy a tad more than the Pliko P3, and even the Baby Jogger City Mini based on size. DH, and I were this close to buying a BJCM last week but decided that we didn't really want another elongated three wheel type stroller. It does fold up really small, but size wise for the mall/drs. office I think the regular style strollers are much more friendly for that type of environment.

We also looked at the Pliko, and the Zippy (at the same time) and I liked the Zippy a bit better, it felt a tad more solid. I am going to go back to the baby store today to check it out again and make sure I really like it. I might be a tad biased though because my first stroller with Elisa as a newborn was a hand me down Pliko and I thought it was a terribly overrated stroller: the model I had (2004 I think) didn't take a Graco seat, the basket was kind of crummy, and it was just plain tempermental when it came to folding and we needed to oil it a lot. I know things may have changed a lot in 4+ years, but I still don't think I am convinced that the Peg is the stroller for me. It's good attributes were that it steered like a dream, and fit in the trunk of my Corolla!

I'm a big believer in checking out strollers in person before buying. Albeebaby has some good prices on both the P3, and the Inglesina strollers; the 2009s are the same price as the 2008 Zippys until 1-18-09!:)

ETA: back from 2 baby stores (one store didn't have Zippy) and now truthfully the only thing that I liked more about the Zippy over the P3 was the one hand fold, and the fabric felt a tad nicer. Truthfully though if I was to do an blind test of the two I thought they were identical. Also the SA at The Right Start said that their company used to carry Inglesina strollers but recently stopped because there were a lot more complaints from customers, and corporate about them not being made as well as they were previously had been. I also checked out the Maclaren Techno XLR again and it looks like that is the way I am going to go. No snack tray, but a much nicer and easier fold, which is really important to me.

javanutsy
01-14-2009, 09:55 PM
+1 for Albeebaby. They have great prices on P3's. Got a great deal.