PDA

View Full Version : Lipstick???

amldaley
01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
What's your favorite lipstick? I used to love Mary Kay but I think the recently changed their formula as I bought my tried and true and it not only looks a different color but goes on sort of creamy and smeary now.

What do you love and why?

WatchingThemGrow
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm not a huge makeup person, but there's a Clinique I tend to grab. Not sure of the name, but I like the texture.

willow33
01-14-2009, 08:34 PM
same here...love my Clinique lipstick. I like the Tenderheart color :)

BabyMine
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I usual do lip liner then smear and add lip gloss.

egfmba
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I like Lancome and M.A.C. lipsticks. Lancome has such pretty colors and M.A.C. stays on forever and a day.

I'm also a big fan of the lipliner on the entire lip then lipstick, then gloss (sometimes just lipliner and gloss). That helps it stay on all day, too.

eva

Emmas Mom
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
LOVE MAC!! I've used "Twig" as my standard for about 15 years now. I probably have about six of their colors that I really love. I also love Amande Sucre by Lancome (it's a frosty color)...but Lancome is SO dang expensive!

ahrimie
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM
For colors, I really love Chanel. They are pricey but their colors are really beautiful and flattering for most people. I normally only wear gloss though and lipstick for special occasions--and even then, they are light lipsticks.

My mom loves Estee Lauder. I'd also try Presciptives. They categorize their colors by undertones. If you go to their counter, they'll help you find an undertone that flatters you and you just pick from those colors.

I love MAC for all their colors and they have a lot of different textures too, from light glosses to really heavy gloss and lipsticks.

TraciG
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
MAC Pro longwear lipcolour it's ALL I wear, stay's on forever

DrSally
01-15-2009, 05:21 PM
I like sheer lipsticks, like Clinique black honey or Origins Raspberry. It gives color and some shine wo/ having to worry about being too precise or the lipstick being too creamy.

caribbeanmama
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I like sheer lipsticks, like Clinique black honey or Origins Raspberry. It gives color and some shine wo/ having to worry about being too precise or the lipstick being too creamy.

Another Clinique Black Honey fan here. I have been wearing it for ten years now.

I also LOVE Nars Dolce Vita. This color looks great on everyone, I think.

Here it is:

http://www.narscosmetics.com/classics_home.aspx

lizajane
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
i like my stila lipstick, but admit they aren't longwearing or exciting colors.

lancome has super creamy lipstick and awesome lip liners. i like to do the liner with gloss combo.

and keihls just added lip gloss- a friend let me try hers and i ran right out and got one! feels awesome and looks pretty, while very sheer and more natural than 'schtick.

athompson
01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Sheer Calypso by Sonia Kashuk...at Target. It is just a tad sheer....somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick.

Melaine
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I like MK lip gloss and Bare Escentuals lip gloss (the one that is tingly "buxom lips" or something). The only lip stick that I've ever actually liked was Clinique, but I can't remember the name....it was very light and sheer.

Asianmommy
01-16-2009, 12:41 AM
I also love Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick--it's my favorite!

Nooknookmom
01-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I usually go for gloss and I looooooove Tarte or Urban Decay, not too sticky and no icky taste. Keep me out of Sephora, b/c I run to the lgloss sections!

If I use lipstick it is almost always Clinique, no bad taste. Lancome and MAC just taste funky to me.

Mamma2004
01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
For Christmas I got myself (LOL!) a new lipstick from Bare Essentials - the formulation has changed and it is so creamy! I have a very warm complexion so I needed to find the perfect neutral - I believe it's called Apricot and I love it!