PDA

View Full Version : Swaddling blankets

melrose7
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I am looking for some good swaddling blankets to recommend to a friend. I used the ultimate receiving blanket and loved it. I have heard great things about the miracle blanket but haven't used it in person so I don't know much about it. I don't like the swaddle me blanket after a month old because the baby can wiggle out of it. Any others to recommend? TIA

Snow mom
01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
A vote here for the Miracle Blanket! It's like a little straight jacket. DD slept 9 hours last night in it :yay: We also had the swaddle me blankets but it seems that DD will outgrow them quickly.

AJP
01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm an other miracle blanket lover. Our girls slept through the night once we started using these!

kate2128
01-15-2009, 09:36 PM
I've never tried the miracle blanket, but I SWEAR by the Snug&Tug. It's like a tranquilizer for my dd and was for ds2, too. Plus they have 2 sizes, so it works well for bigger/older babies.

jenny
01-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I have the miracle blanket but DD hated it.

We swaddled DD with the Swaddle Designs blanket. Not sure if you've ever read Happiest Baby on the Block but Dr. Karp teaches the DUDU fold in that book, and the Swaddle Design blanket has the instructions on how to do that fold attached to the blanket!

Here's a link on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Swaddle-Designs-Ultimate-Receiving-Blanket/dp/B000GG07Q0

melrose7
01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
yes, the swaddle design was the one I had and loved it. I only bought one, which was a mistake, and so it was hard to wash it and try to swaddle her in a different blanket. It never worked so well. I was just seeing if the miracle blanket blanket was any better or if there are other ones out there i am missing. I don't know about the snug&tug. Where did you get it at? Does it stretch? It is a big blanket?

keh602
01-15-2009, 10:41 PM
There's a seller on Ebay who sells the Ultimate Swaddling Blanket (new) for $12 with free shipping. I've bought two of them, and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition. They have several different designs available. :)

ahrimie
01-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I received a swaddle blanket, the kind that are made for only swaddling.. and my newborn outgrew it so fast. We were never able to use it. Instead, I love Aden + Anais blankets. You can swaddle really tight in them and of course use the blankets for other purposes too.

WatchingThemGrow
01-16-2009, 12:42 AM
We have a Swaddle Designs out on loan right now. While going through boy clothing tonight (AAAGH, we have too much already!!) DH came across the silly little Circo ones. He asked if we could sell/donate them and just get another Swaddle Designs in place of them. We just may...

Zoey187
01-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Where do you find all the swaddlers listed above? We use the swaddle me right now but my DS is only 2 weeks old and can't get out of them yet. He needs to be swaddled to sleep so I want to start seeing what else is out there for him. Thanks!

ahrimie
01-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I bought mine at babycenter.com, which is closed now. I've seen them on amazon before and in boutique-y type shops.

jenny
01-16-2009, 02:49 PM
If you go to babycenter.com and click on the store, which is diapers.com now, and do a search for swaddling blankets, you'll see the Aden + Anais swaddling blankets (3 for $44). They are offering free overnight or free 2-day shipping for any order over $49.

I haven't used the Aden + Anais blankets, but I like the fact that it's made from muslin, so it's a thinner fabric.

The Swaddle Designs Blanket I got as a gift are nice and big, but they are a thicker blanket for swaddling. My friend bought me the Swaddle Design blanket from RightStart.com and I've seen them on Amazon.com.

kate2128
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I got the Snug & Tug at www.snugandtug.com. I used the code MWS for 10 or 15% off. I swear by these.

I also love the Aden and Anais blankets for swaddling, but once dd was old enough to get herself loose, the snug and tug worked so much better. It has HUGE patches of velcro on it, so it keeps them nice and secure.

Zoey187
01-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys for the links. I will have to check them out in my free time!

alirebco
01-16-2009, 11:17 PM
The Miracle Blanket was our savior for the first five months. DS could bust out of all of the other swaddling blankets we tried.

melrose7
01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
There's a seller on Ebay who sells the Ultimate Swaddling Blanket (new) for $12 with free shipping. I've bought two of them, and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition. They have several different designs available. :)

Thanks for everyone's input and help. Do you know who this is? I wanted another one of these plus maybe one of the miracle blankets but I couldn't find that deal on eBay. The snug n tug look great but I don't know where I could see them in person to try them out. Does anyone know if they are sold in stores anywhere?

melrose7
01-23-2009, 10:54 PM
I saw that the halo sleepsack now has a swaddle wrap in the newborn size, with a small coming out in march. Has anyone used this one before? It is just another piece of fabric with large velcro areas to wrap the arms in while still in a halo sleepsack. it looks interesting and got fairly good reviews so i was wondering if anyone has personally tried it.

shoremom
01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I just saw nice light ones on lunalullaby.com Great frabric material and design.:)

kjreif
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Hubby and I swear by the miracle blanket. It's been my standard go to gift for new moms and it's always gotten rave reviews!

Good luck!

melrose7
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
When I used my swaddling blanket I never used the sleepsack. Is that how it normally works or do some people use both? or do you swaddle for the first few months and then go to the sleepsack? I ended up using regular cotton pjs and then unfortunatly ended up swaddling for 8 months. I wanted to use the sleepsack next time but then do I need a swaddle blanket. Now I am thinking about my next one and I'm not even pregnant yet.

army_mom
02-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I saw the snug and tug at target today.

nrp
02-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Yet another vote for the MB. I used them for DD until six months and DS until four and a half. Once they got too long for it, I just swaddled with the legs out. LOVED it. It differs from a lot of the others because of the "wings" that get the arms nice and tight. Mine rarely ever were able to wiggle out.