PDA

View Full Version : Favorite coupon organizer?

JenaW
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I have tried a few of the dollar store ones and at least 1-2 from the grocery stores themselves. They usually consist of a plain plastic cover with accordian style "folders" inside. The problem is that they are ugly, and the coupons always fall out. I am willing to pay a bit more for something that is attractive and functional so I will actually use it and not forget it in the car.

THanks

J

infomama
01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Here is what I use. http://mrsascouponorganizer.com/
I was not a coupon user because it was such a pain to walk through the isles with the kids looking through a handful of coupons. I spent a couple of sundays cutting and organizing and the first day I used it I save $40. An excellent purchase,

MartiesMom2B
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes get something like the above - but you can make one yourself for a lot cheaper. Get a binder - our local coupon guru loves zip up binders but I can never find one. Get yourself baseball card protectors display sheets. I can find them at walmart, but they are perfect to hold your coupons then. Then all you need is index dividers. You'll be able to organize your coupons great that way.

deannanb
01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
here is a great youtube video on using a coupon binder
if you click on her other videos, you can see how to cut the coupons too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcbstm5vx5k

Momof3Labs
01-15-2009, 04:45 PM
A recipe box would work. I use a plastic box with a snap-top lid that is meant for index cards. I added alphabetical dividers, and sorted my coupons that way. The hard part is that I need a place (somewhere in the cart) to put it when I'm shopping, which is fine when I'm kid-less. The good thing is that when it hits the floor, nothing falls out.

With as many coupons as I use, I need to go the binder route but the idea of organizing it the first time is too much for me.

egoldber
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't clip so many coupons that I would need a binder. I typically only have about, oh 20-50 clipped at a time, so I just keep them in an envelope.

What REALLY helps me is that at the beginning of the week, I sit down with the my running shopping lists, compare them to the weekly sales flier and make my weekly shopping list. I also make sure to note ON THE LIST when I have coupon so that I don't forget to pull it out to use it.

Then I make a list for each store and put the coupons for that store with the list. (I use scratch paper, fold it in half and put the coupons inside.) It's simple, but it works for me.

KrisM
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I have the binder. I have a Case It brand. It zips, which is a must with kids. It has a handle and a strap.

http://www.caseit.com/caseit/eproddetail.asp?S=125&P=7916&PubID=4459&V=25&PID=5489&iss

I have baseball card holders in to hold the coupons. I love it! I can just flip through and find what I need. I have 5 main sections - baby, food, H&B, misc, cleaning. I narrow it down more within those sections. What is nice is that it is really easy to bring and use, even with kids. Yesterday, I was at Meijer, with all 3 kids doing a big shopping (had 2 carts) and used $36 in coupons. Not a problem.

DrSally
01-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I've been wanting to ask about this too. I have a really old one that is thinner than the accordian style plastic ones b/c it has paper dividers. BUT, the coupons easily fall out. If DS gets ahold of it, they're all on the floor in the grocery store. I cannot use coupons unless they're organized b/c I don't want to look through a whole stack while I'm in the store.

KrisM
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I've been wanting to ask about this too. I have a really old one that is thinner than the accordian style plastic ones b/c it has paper dividers. BUT, the coupons easily fall out. If DS gets ahold of it, they're all on the floor in the grocery store. I cannot use coupons unless they're organized b/c I don't want to look through a whole stack while I'm in the store.

Seriously, you need a binder.

DrSally
01-15-2009, 06:28 PM
THe Mrs. A's binder looks really cool and would be fun for Ds to thumb through while shopping. Unfortunately, they're not taking orders now! Maybe someone on ETsy makes one?

Me: "I'm going shopping, see you later" to DH and DS who are in the basement
DS: "Bye! You have your coupons? You have your purse?"

m448
01-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes get something like the above - but you can make one yourself for a lot cheaper. Get a binder - our local coupon guru loves zip up binders but I can never find one. Get yourself baseball card protectors display sheets. I can find them at walmart, but they are perfect to hold your coupons then. Then all you need is index dividers. You'll be able to organize your coupons great that way.

yes, I also use a zip binder recommended by the same local coupon guru ;)

DrSally
01-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks! Sounds like a good project next time I have to go to Walmart.

MartiesMom2B
01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
yes, I also use a zip binder recommended by the same local coupon guru ;)

Hmm, are you also on their message board, which conveniently matches up sales with coupons. If not I can give you the link. It's awesome - it's be more awesome if I actually took the time to clip out the coupons like I should.

wellyes
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
I use this - Coupon Organizer (http://www.mfgdirect.com/?c=2626) - not robust enough for pros, of course, but good for the casual coupon user. Although I'm not sure what kind of crack that website is smoking, charging $20+, I think I paid about $5 at Staples.

KrisM
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Just found this site that lets you order a variety of page styles for binders. I might get the 8 per page and try them out.

http://momsaves.com/