PDA

View Full Version : Nursery - what color to paint?

amldaley
01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Just look to genreate some feedback and new ideas....

Carpet is oatmeal berber with brown, beige and grey flecks. Looks like dirty sand.

Windows face East Northeast.

Furniture is "natural" (warm piney color...DaVinci Emily set in natural)

Super pale white-pink (this is what we have in our Master and I LOVE it. I think it would be good for dd as she sleeps in our room now, make transition easier).

Creamy friendly yellow (I love a color called Provence Creme).

Taupe or beige (pink and white accesories will look nice against this, good for re-sale, though the way the market is going....)

Pink (a real pink)

Others???

Also, ceiling is white. I love the look of a room with a super pale light blue ceiling. Or leave it white?

No murals, faux painting etc. We do have to consider re-sale/rental. And I am decorating with these adorable huge silk daisies (like 18 or 20" diameter) and oversized paper butterflies and photographs in frames...probably all white frames to match all the trim, doors, window, closet etc.

Melaine
01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
I vote option A assuming that it will look ok with carpet? I'm having trouble picturing it but maybe that is the same carpet as your MB...another thought is a not too bright green. We used a paint for our nursery called "guacomole" and we love it. I think it's a good color for boys or girls of any age and I think it will go over well for resell, since it could pass as an office or guest room.
I really like having a non-pink color for the walls, because no matter how much stuff we have in there that is pink, you still get a bit of break with the walls!
Oh, and this is a totally different thought but I LOVE brown and pink....

KBecks
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I vote pink, real pink, unless you have plans to sell SOON. I like the idea of green or yellow if you have to keep it neutral, but I wouldn't miss the chance to do a pink girl room.

ahrimie
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I think painted ours Provence Creme!! Actually, we did the top portion of the wall in the creme color and under the chair rail, we did stripes with the creme and another darker mustard-like color.

The Provence Creme though doesn't seem very "yellow" by itself. We had gotten just a slightly darker color for the stripes but we couldn't tell the difference so we had some brown mixed into it. It will look more beige by itself.

Since your carpet looks more like sand and you have natural furniture and nothing else big in the room, I'd totally do a PINK--even a hot pink type color. Something bright. I kept our nursery very neutral and later, I had to get some brighter colors in there with a really red rug, some stuffed animals on the hutch and a curtain with red and blue in it. It looked too boring and NEUTRAL. When DD is older and moves in to another room, I want to pain it HOT PINK. I think it'd be really fun.