PDA

View Full Version : How to disinfect a laptop keyboard?

SASM
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I have pink eye (virus) and am now trying figure out to disinfect this laptop. It doesn't have a commercial plastic protector on the keys so Lysol spray is out. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. I am shocked that I can actually see what I am typing...sorry for the typos.

WatchingThemGrow
01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
clorox wipes? my keyboard has had a LOT of reflux issues...

ahrimie
01-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I think you can take rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls and just wipe it down. I believe you can use it on the screen too. I've done wipes on the keyboard too but I hear they're not good for the screen.

Melaine
01-15-2009, 08:44 PM
My friend who is a nurse told me you can buy the tiny alcohol pads at the drugstore that they use before they give you a shot. They are perfect for wiping the cell phone off since they are so small....think they would work for keyboards too....

MamaMolly
01-16-2009, 12:25 AM
My friend who is a nurse told me you can buy the tiny alcohol pads at the drugstore that they use before they give you a shot. They are perfect for wiping the cell phone off since they are so small....think they would work for keyboards too....

:yeahthat: We used to use the alcohol prep pads on our keyboards and phones at work. I like them because they aren't drippy.