PDA

View Full Version : OT: Corelle sparking in the microwave??

EllasMum
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
I have a set of the Country Cottage Corelle dishes. I recently put one of the plates in the microwave with a few pieces of steak, and after being in the microwave for maybe 20 seconds, the dish started to spark! Initially, I thought maybe there was something in/on the meat that was causing the sparking, but today, I put some baby corn on one of the dishes and after about 10 seconds it sparked too! I was quite shocked (if you'll pardon the pun ;)) as I thought that Corelle was supposed to be microwave safe. The Corelle website shows that they are microwave safe. Anybody have this problem before??

TIA!

hellokitty
01-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Yikes, I have never had that happen to my correlle before. However, I just have the plain white Correlle. You should call them up and ask them about it.

Melaine
01-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I have also had it happen. It was weird because I had two identical (seemingly) plates with the same blue pattern picked up who knows where (thrift stores/yard sales). I thought they were microwave safe so I popped one in and it sparked a lot! Then I realized that ONE says "microwave safe" on the bottom, and the other doesn't!

EllasMum
01-15-2009, 11:02 PM
I have also had it happen. It was weird because I had two identical (seemingly) plates with the same blue pattern picked up who knows where (thrift stores/yard sales). I thought they were microwave safe so I popped one in and it sparked a lot! Then I realized that ONE says "microwave safe" on the bottom, and the other doesn't!

Interesting... the set I have is also the blue pattern... actually it has green vines/leaves plus blue flower/hearts. I wonder if it has something to do with the blue paint?? Very strange. Maybe I will have to send Corelle an email...

tylersmama
01-16-2009, 12:51 AM
That's so weird. I've had my Corelle for 10 years and never had any problems with it. My pattern has blue in it too...