PDA

View Full Version : Eyesight changes in pregnancy?

elektra
01-16-2009, 01:21 AM
It's true that your eyesight can change during pregnancy right? Well I have needed new reading glasses (mostly used for the computer) since before my pregnancy, but things are getting even worse now. Should I go in and get checked or just wait since things may change after I deliver?
I can still see but I am squinting. I don't want to pay for new glasses though. And I hate making the dr. appts.
Does anyone know how the eyesight thing really works in terms of the pregnancy changes? I haven't found a clear answer in my searches online. Or it probably just varies person to person I suppose.

deannanb
01-16-2009, 01:43 AM
that is a good question
call your eye doctor and ask -

I just found that I had trouble wearing my contacts - my vision didn't change enough that I couldnt' see with my glasses (and I can't see without them)

katerinasmom
01-16-2009, 08:41 AM
My eye doctor did in fact tell me that my eyesight would change due to pregnancy and that it would take approximately 3-5 months after delivering for my eyesight to return to normal or stabilize.

o_mom
01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
You could try some cheap reading glasses from Walgreens, etc. Target has them in the dollar spot sometimes.

ETA: I would mention it to your OB so they can check for other causese (BP, etc), but if you don't want to go in for a new pair and it's just reading/computer, then the cheap ones are fine.