PDA

View Full Version : How long (ish) can the baby use the basinett feature?

MrsGoose
01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks so much! :):cheerleader1: (i just added her b/c she is cute)

amldaley
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
It depends on the stroller. Each should specifically say how long and/or give a max weight. Most, I think, are around 6 mos b/c after that, most babies either get too heavy or get too mobile. They want to roll, sit up, etc. Both weight and squirminess, I suppose, could cause instability.

That said, I think Stroller Queen said she still used hers w/ an 8 mo LO. Depends on the stroller and the baby!

scorpion509
01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
We used bugaboo for our son and he was on basinet until 6 months. but he is very tall boy.

ahrimie
01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow, I'm so surprised others were able to use theirs for so long. We only used our bassinet in our bugaboo for 2.5 or so months. DD learned to roll over a week after she turned 3 months and it just looked so small for her. She was also 97% in height. Plus by then, she didn't want to lay down all the time and wanted to sit up and see the world.

I thought they could only use it for 3-4 months max.. but maybe I'm making that up.

MamaBear
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
We used the Cameleon bassinet until our son was 3 months. If I had to do it again, I'd have kept him in the bassinet longer; while we were living in Europe, I noticed that babies are kept in the bassinet/pram much longer. (There were even harnesses available to 'connect' the baby to the pram to keep them from climbing out, once they could sit up unassisted.) In Hamburg, I remember seeing a baby of about 6-7 months in a Cameleon, lying on his belly and propping himself up on his elbows so he could look out over the front.

strollerqueen
01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes, my DS could still nap in the Quinny Dreami bassinette recently, and he is 9 months. There is a crotch harness in there, which gives me peace of mind. That is indoors, though. For strolling, he wants to sit upright and look around.

mrsjde
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
3 months when taking DS out and about and 4 months for when we were using it for sleeping over Grandma's.

MamaKath
01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Depends on the bassinet. I have had bassinets that were large and had a backrest that went up. Those easily can be used until 8 months or so. Smaller ones that stay flat, about 4 months.