PDA

View Full Version : What bassinet should I get?

Capitalchick
01-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm so confused. I really don't know what bassinet I should get.

We bought a pack 'n play as a change table and playpen, but now I'm wondering if I could use it as a bassinet.
I had always expected to get the arms reach co sleeper, but I live in Ottawa and there seems to be problems getting one there.
What do you all use? The bassinets I found at baies r us just seem SO small. I feel like my baby would totally outgrow them within a month! The arms reach seemed much larger and like it would accomodate a baby up until 4 months (which is when I expect to put the baby in its own room.

Any suggestions for great bassinets?

julymommy
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
You can use the PNP - that is what we used for the first few months. It worked well for us.

Zoey187
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
We are using a PNP right now and it is working out great. The only problem that I have (and this would be with any bed that we choose for DS to sleep in) is that our bed is so high (I have steps to get into bed!), it towers over the PNP. I had to have my DH sleep on the same side as the baby so he could tend to him easier. I have to get all the way out of bed to tend to DS. Other than the our big bed being an issue, DS sleeps just fine in his PNP and has room to grow in it.

arivecchi
01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
The PNP bassinet is great. We used it for about 3 months and then moved DS1 to his crib. We are planning on using it again for DS2. We have the one with the changing table and the music/light box and it worked out great for us. Really, no need to get a separate bassinet when you will likely need a PNP anyway and can get one with the bassinet feature for less than what an Arm's Reach would cost.

bubbaray
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I used the PNP bassinette with both of my girls. It is/was the full sized bassinette, not the half-size one (with the change table on the other end).

HTH

arivecchi
01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
We have one similar to this one (different fabric). Very happy with it.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2813888

kate2128
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
We're also using the PNP bassinet, the full sized one. It has the higer changing table on one end, too. We used it for ds2, too.

Capitalchick
01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
We bought a PNP, but it doesn't specifically say that it has a bassinet feature. Can I still use it for my baby? It has a change table and the base of the playpen lifts up 'til it's about 6 inches from the top of the PNP, but I don't see it saying "Bassinet" anywhere....

jenny
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
that's the bassinet feature.

we put DD in it. the weight limit is 15 pounds. when she outgrew it, we put her in her crib.

BeachBum
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
We are using a PNP right now and it is working out great. The only problem that I have (and this would be with any bed that we choose for DS to sleep in) is that our bed is so high (I have steps to get into bed!), it towers over the PNP. I had to have my DH sleep on the same side as the baby so he could tend to him easier. I have to get all the way out of bed to tend to DS. Other than the our big bed being an issue, DS sleeps just fine in his PNP and has room to grow in it.

Not that it helps you any... but the original arm's reach co-sleeper can be raised so that it is up to 6" higher. I have one step to get up to my bed, and the arms reach works fine this way.

Ladybug47
01-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Does anyone find that the bassinet feature on the PNP is too shallow for the baby? Is there any risk of the baby falling out, or would that only be a risk if you were using the changing table portion of it?

jenny
01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
there's no way the baby could fall out of the bassinet. obviously don't leave baby unattended on the changing table part.