PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done Zoom whitening?

Octobermommy
01-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I finally did the zoom procedure and teeth looked great and white yesterday. Today they look less white, is this normal? Also, if you have had it done how long do the results last?

Thanks!

toothfairy
01-16-2009, 08:44 PM
As to your teeth being less white today, yes, this is normal. The Zoom procedure causes teeth to dry out a bit, which makes them appear whiter initially. The teeth moisten and re-hydrate with saliva after a short time and appear less bright white.
Results last depending upon your habits. If you drink dark colas, tea, coffee, or red wine very often, superficial staining will occur sooner than if you don't. Hopefully you aren't a smoker either!
That said, results seem to be good for a year, maybe longer. Your teeth will not return to their original shade ever, but the brightness of the white will decrease as time goes on. You can safely re-bleach your teeth at home with trays and gel to "touch up" and re-whiten whenever you wish and as long as you tolerate home bleaching well.

Amy

toothfairy
01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention I haven't personally BTDT. But I have managed the process on several patients.

Amy

bluestarfish18
01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I had Zoom done almost 2 years ago this June...hurt like hell, but worth the pain! They're still pretty darn white, even though I haven't touched up since the procedure. I still have the trays and gel..I wonder if they're ok to use even though the gel is expired...

tmarie
01-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I had this procedure done a few years ago. I was really disappointed. My teeth looked a 'little' whiter than they do after a normal cleaning, but it was not the bright change I was looking for. My dentist explained that some people's teeth take to whitening, and some don't. (He was obviously saying that mine didn't) I don't have terribly yellow or stained teeth and I don't spoke or drink soda--I do drink coffee. If I were to do it again I would go to someone who specializes in the procedure instead of my usual dentist. HTH!

tmarie
dd#1 5/05
dd#2 6/08

Octobermommy
01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks! I just freaked out a bit when they were not as white this morning. After I brushed my teeth three times they looked better and I got over it. Thanks again for the info, Amy.