PDA

View Full Version : Help with finding shoe bargains

pjsmom30
01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi,

My son has a wide foot, size 11.5. I am having a hard time finding bargains with wide shoes. Are there brands whose regular shoes are wider than most? I am trying to broaden my brands to search for that wouldn't have a W next to the size, but would still work. Naturino is one, I think.

Also, any ideas if better amazon shoe clearance prices will be forthcoming? I have $44 in amazon gift cards that I would love to use on his shoes.

Thanks!

doberbrat
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM
stride rite was having a sale when I went in on Wed...

xmasbabycomin
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I got my son a pair of the brand Umi on amazon (actually through pricematching on shoes.com) and they run pretty wide. That style doesn't have your son's size, but it's worth keeping an eye out for. We also have a Beeko from amazon that is on the wide-ish side.

nabigus
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Keen! My ds wears an XW in Stride Rite, and Keens fit him really well. Of course, they're also hard to find on sale, but they wear like iron. They're the only pair of sneakers my ds hasn't worn through or otherwise trashed.

doberbrat
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I found (and bought) some keens at marshalls - today in fact. 10-15/pr depending on color

daisy1234
01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Wow they had Keens there? Did they have other summer sneakers or shoes for the kids???

mommysammi
01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I got my son a pair of the brand Umi on amazon (actually through pricematching on shoes.com) and they run pretty wide. That style doesn't have your son's size, but it's worth keeping an eye out for. We also have a Beeko from amazon that is on the wide-ish side.

I noticed these shoes were on sale but never saw them IRL. How do the sizes run? It seems like every brand has their own sizing method and no two brands are alike. Drives me crazy. TIA.

WatchingThemGrow
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Would Eleven shoes be on the wide side since See Kai Run shoes are based on a wide last? I think they are. Amazon had a few pairs of Elevens on sale a couple weeks ago.

My favorite wide shoe bargain is the $10 off $30 occasional MSN deal for Shoebuy.com. I usually find the exact Stride Rite wides we want for a steal.

JTsMom
01-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Amazon frequently has Stride Rites on sale, so definitely check there- just sort by price. SR Outlets often have good prices as well, if you have one near you. Other options- Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross.

xmasbabycomin
01-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I noticed these shoes were on sale but never saw them IRL. How do the sizes run? It seems like every brand has their own sizing method and no two brands are alike. Drives me crazy. TIA.
Well, DS just jumped sizes (noticed his 1s were too small), so I have nothing to compare them to. However, both brands fit the same and were what I expected. Nothing weird I noticed :)

doberbrat
01-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow they had Keens there? Did they have other summer sneakers or shoes for the kids???

they had Keen Dakota shoes and boots. limited sizes & colors of course.

sigh. DD hates them. too hard mommy! so hers are going back. I also bought some for her friend we'll see if he likes them.

ShellB
01-16-2009, 11:25 PM
crocs maybe??

jbrandy
01-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't know how close you are to a Stride Rite outlet but... both of my boys have a wide foot and they always have wides and xwide in all sizes each time I go in. I also get Stride Rite shoes for $29 or less in the outlet when they retail for $40+ regularly. I hope this helps.

pjsmom30
01-17-2009, 06:58 PM
So I took the advice and went to Marshalls today and scored a pair of Keen's for my son, for $15. But they look like clown shoes on him!! I cannot believe how wide the front of this shoe is. My husband laughed out loud when my son tried them on. It is too bad, they are really cute, but they are almost twice as wide in the front as they are in the back.

No problem, I will sell them on ebay!

tropicalmom
01-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I just got a great deal on some Stride Rites at kidssurplus.com THey haven't arrived yet but the shipping confirmation came super fast.