PDA

View Full Version : DH, if you continue to act like a child, I will treat you like one. (knife safety)

amldaley
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Dear DH,

How many more times can I tell you? Sharp knives get washed, dried and PUT AWAY after use. Not left on the drying rack. Not left dirty at the edge of the counter for dd to find with her foot while I walk past with her in my arms.

Grown ups understand knife safety. Grown ups don't leave steel bladed cutting hazards out for baby to discover.

If you can not behave responsibly, then I will remove all the sharp knives and kitchen scissors from the house. You can cut steak with a butter knife and eat your potato whole. You can have little plastic safety scissors, just like the other children who do not know how to use sharp instruments safely.

Signed, Your Wife, not your Mommy.

MamaMolly
01-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah...DH hasn't really gotten better at this. Sigh. Men.

DrSally
01-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I have the same complaint!! I always immediately wash them, dry them, and put them away. DH, not so much. I hate to see sharp knives on the counter. Esp. now that DS can get a stepstool and reach for things on the counter, no where out is really safe. ALSO, we have nice Henkles knives and DH leaves them in the sink soaking, or washes them and puts them on a towel on the counter (with water pooled up on the blade), rather than just drying them and putting them away. I'm afraid they'll get rusty that way, but he thinks I'm nagging him when I mention it.