PDA

View Full Version : I got my BJ City Elite...

hellokitty1
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
...and there are no instructions so I don't even know how to unfold the sucker. Sigh.

ETA: Shouldn't this equipment have some paper materials with it. I know I have never gotten any baby item that didn't come with a 100 page user's manual. I wonder if it is stuck inside the stroller and I just can't get to it bc I can't figure out how to unfold it.

bubbaray
01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
there should be a manual in the mesh pocket on the back of the stroller.

Basically, you undo the locking fold snap, lift the stroller up by the handle and kinda swing it forward so that the stroller locks in place. I have the BJCSD, not the elite and not the single, but IIRC, they fold/unfold the same way.

HTH

Melaine
01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
All I can say is, make sure you unsnap the sides. We broke a snap off just from unfolding our BJCSD

hellokitty1
01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I think I broke a sweat but I finally got it. Had to download the catalog to get the setup instructions. The manual isn't accessible until you set it up (go figure). The key was to pull it apart with a little force. I was afraid to in case I broke anything but all it needed was a gentle tug.

I've pushed it around the house. It's great. I just never want to pick it up for the car. It is heavy.

I love some of the features already, like the magnet closure. You can tell that a lot of thought has gone into itI'm just a bit nervous about whether or not I installed the front wheel properly.

I noticed that it says 75lb limit of 5 year old. Why does age matter? My DD won't hit the 75 lb mark till maybe 8th grade. :)

WatchingThemGrow
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Congrats!! I think you'll love it! I wish I had the need to use it more right now (too cold for FL girl!) b/c I love pushing it SO much more than pushing a Maclaren. We keep it in the back of my CR-V since I DO use it away from the house quite a bit, well, and the back of our car is easier to lift it into than up the 5 steps up into our house.

Did you try out the recline? Fyi...your older DD may love climbing in and playing in it. Ours was parked in the mudroom earlier this week while I was hauling other stuff. DD was entertained for over an hour climbing into each seat, pulling down the sunshade, grabbing the snacks out of the parent console, taking the emergency diaper/tissue stash out of the bottom, the hats out of the seatback pockets, etc.

hellokitty1
01-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Congrats!! I think you'll love it! I wish I had the need to use it more right now (too cold for FL girl!) b/c I love pushing it SO much more than pushing a Maclaren. We keep it in the back of my CR-V since I DO use it away from the house quite a bit, well, and the back of our car is easier to lift it into than up the 5 steps up into our house.

Did you try out the recline? Fyi...your older DD may love climbing in and playing in it. Ours was parked in the mudroom earlier this week while I was hauling other stuff. DD was entertained for over an hour climbing into each seat, pulling down the sunshade, grabbing the snacks out of the parent console, taking the emergency diaper/tissue stash out of the bottom, the hats out of the seatback pockets, etc.

If it weren't record low temps now, I'd take DD out in a heartbeat now. Last night she played in the Eurotub we got out of the attic so I know she'll love the stroller. She's only a whopping 40 pounds so I was actually planning to use it for her til DS comes. DH are worried though that we will need a double later because she will refuse to walk is DS gets to ride. :)

About putting it in the car, I will probably keep it my carn as well. My persepctive right now on how heavy things weigh is swayed by my 33.5 week pregnany condition.

Thanks for your help with this purchase.

WatchingThemGrow
01-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your help with this purchase.
Spending others' money is a great hobby. So, how tall is your DD and how does she fit under the canopy? Does it seem like it will work for a while?

Even when you're not pg, it is still heavy. Luckily yours (2009?) should be lighter than mine ;)

hellokitty1
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Spending others' money is a great hobby. So, how tall is your DD and how does she fit under the canopy? Does it seem like it will work for a while?

Even when you're not pg, it is still heavy. Luckily yours (2009?) should be lighter than mine ;)

My DD is only 43 insches (I think). She fits in fine. The other night, she sat in it and watch tv. It was funny. She does fit in the canpoy fine but she has to bend her knees some.

And mine is 2008. Hopefully, I won't have the experience of touching a 2009 so I won't know what I am missing.