PDA

View Full Version : concerns about uppa baby vista

skylarbaby
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
I am really close to pulling the trigger on an Uppa baby vista, but I have a couple of concerns that I have only been able to find a couple of opinions about:
1) the size of the seat seems to be a bit smaller than other comparable strollers (at least .5 inches less wide and a couple inches shorter from seat to mid-canopy) - despite the 50 wt. limit, do kids grow out of this earlier than the other models?
2) seat recline - I can probably get over the fact that it doesn't fully recline, but I don't like that it does not come to an upright position. I know a lot of strollers have a seat back that is at an incline, but bottom of the seat inclines back and I'm concerned that a baby couldn't pull him/herself up even using the bar

I am agonizing over this stroller decisions....others I have considered include:
1) bugaboo cameleon
2) I'coo Targo
3) Inglesina Zippy
4) BJCE

Your thoughts? Thanks!!!

edurnemk
01-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I have the 2009 Vista and I absolutely love it! However my only complaint is precisely the recline issue. Not having the fully flat is not such an issue but the lack of fully upright was a bigger concern for us at first. After a couple of weeks my son got the hang of it and now pulls himself forward using the bumper bar even though the seat is somewhat tilted back, so it's not such a huge problem. However I still wish it had a more upright position.
I had a really hard time choosing between the Cameleon and the Vista. The lack of adjustable footrest on the Cam bothered me a lot, also the flimsy canopy. You just have to decide which of these features are more important to you. The issues that tipped me toward the Vista are: the footrest, huge canopy and the potential to turn into a double with the rumble seat. The sales person said the only one she really recommends as an alternative to the Cam is the Vista, because of quality and customer service.
About the seat size, my son is 12 months old, so I don't know when he'll outgrow it, but he has plenty of room still and I have more of a European philosophy: I hope he doesn't still use a stroller at 3 or 4.
The Targo is another one I loved, it's a lot like the Vista, but with a bulkier fold and smaller canopy. It's the lightest of this class.
The Zippy is a very different kind of stroller. In my case I really needed the big AT wheels for the snow and the bumpy sidewalks.
The BJCE is a great stroller, I love it, but I really wanted a reversible.

mrsjde
01-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Honestly, I never realized that the seat doesn't go all the way up! I agree with the previous poster-- look at the total benefits. The biggest feature my DH and I loved about the VIsta was the ablility to fold with ease. I also LOVE the large basket and the it comes with all of the assorted covers.