PDA

View Full Version : Best Diaper Rash Cream!!!

jenny
01-16-2009, 07:17 PM
DD just developed the worst case of diaper rash that I have seen in her 6 months of life. [I switched diapers to try the Target brand and now she's got red bumps everywhere! I've since switched back to Pampers.]

I've been using Triple Paste because my friends say it works like magic...but so far, it's not making it go away. How long do I have to use it for?

Anyone else swear by anything else????

WatchingThemGrow
01-16-2009, 07:19 PM
We swear by Dr. Smith's. Your pharmacist can order it or you can get it from Amazon. I've heard several doctors recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link_code=qs&field-keywords=dr%20smiths%20diaper&sourceid=Mozilla-search

arivecchi
01-16-2009, 07:28 PM
My son had severe diaper rash and our doc told used to use Triple Paste. We did and within a couple of days he was much better.

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2009, 07:53 PM
My ped recommended a combination of triple paste, lotramin, neosporin and hydrocortisone cream b/c that cocktail is bound to cure anything. :)

Beth

vludmilla
01-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I absolutely swear by Aquaphor healing ointment. It is the best. DD had a rash so bad she went to a dermatologist twice during a really bad episode until we found Aquaphor. Since we started using it, we haven't had any diaper rash last longer than one day. Use it very liberally if you try it.

neeleymartin
01-16-2009, 11:31 PM
aqualox, a combo of maalox sludge and aquaphor. i read about this in vicki iovine's book when preggers with ds1. i wrote it in my baby411 note sections. never had to use it. (knock on wood)

see the post by "kim" for recipe.

also questran post in same link. by "michelle" i remember reading about this also.

i was petrified of diaper rash, i guess. weird. good luck.

fwiw, triple paste has helped with minor redness (as bad as it gets for us)

nrp
01-17-2009, 12:17 AM
aqualox, a combo of maalox sludge and aquaphor.

I used this a couple of times on really bad diaper rash. It was the only thing that helped other than the prescription diaper creme (which you have to have mixed up at a compounding pharmacy usually). The "Aqualox" is one part Aquaphor to one part Maalox. You use a whisk and for awhile you will think that it will never come together, but it finally does and it is really easy to spread. Put it on thick.

brigeet
01-17-2009, 04:24 AM
I have heard good things mentioned about all of the the above BUT my magic trick to really really speed things along, is every time I changed DS, to blow dry his butt with the hair dryer set on cool (test the temp first on your hand) for a few seconds after I've cleaned him up and before putting on the diaper cream. It really speeds up the healing process. (Also when he was only a few months old, he loved the sound! It was the only thing that would stop him crying during changes). HE's 8 months old now so I don't use it all the time, but a month ago we didn't realize he pood and his poor little bottom got red so we blow dried his butt every time we changed him the rest of the day and it cleared it right up.

neeleymartin
01-17-2009, 09:55 PM
see the post by "kim" for recipe.

also questran post in same link. by "michelle" i remember reading about this also.

what an idiot. i had a link that i found. i forgot to post it. hence your likely blank looks and waht the heck comments. sorry. not sure where i found it.

the recipe is 1:1 maalox sludge and aquaphor.

the questran is the stuff that the pharmacy uses to make the compound.

sorry for the confusion.

soontobe
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I love bert's bees diaper cream (and all their other products) cleared up ds's rash in a day-that he got from luvs diapers-and it is all nateral so i don't worry abt putting it on him. and all their stuff smells great too!

chrispykreme
05-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I use Northern Essence Natural Diaper rash salve. I received this stuff as a baby shower gift and I swear by it. When my son was a newborn, he got bad diaper rash from all those runny diapers, and this stuff really cleared him up quickly. It has a really pleasant smell and the best part is that it came in a tube so you just put it on like deodorant. We use it every day for prevention.

My friend cloth diapers and she uses it because it doesn't affect the absorption on the diapers.

http://www.northernessence.com/catalog.php?category=24

swrc00
06-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I put a layer of Aquaphor and A+D ointment.