PDA

View Full Version : Taking a quick moment to throw myself a pity party...

LarsMal
01-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Then I have to get back to work!

All I wanted to do tonight was crawl into bed and not get up until noon tomorrow. When DH got home, this was our conversation:

DH: How are you feeling
Me: Worse, now I feel achy and I have the chills
DH: Man...if you're sick who's going to take care of MEEE?!
Me: Ha...Ha...Ha
DH: And now I probably have to watch the kids by myself, too, huh?
Me: (No words, just a look that could kill!)
DH: I'm just kidding!! Wanna hug?
Me: (now really ready to kick his butt!)
DH: So...what's for dinner?

OMG!?!?!?! Are you serious? Granted, he was being playful, but I'm in no shape for playful.

I decided I wanted some soup from Panera. Then I wanted tea. Open the pantry...yep, stupid mouse got to my new box of tea before I got it out the other day. Poop on it and the box is slightly open. So we all pile in the car to pick up dinner and tea for me.

Get home, finally settle in to eat (kids had already been fed- by me- before DH got home). Realtor calls- two showings tomorrow. UGH....

Yes, it's good we have showings, but my house is a complete wreck and I haven't put my pantry back together since we caught the mouse. So much for taking it easy.

Maybe this will be my good thing after a bad week. Fingers crossed we get an offer out of one of the two potential buyers tomorrow.

Okay...back to cleaning (and yes, DH is helping, but there's a lot to be done!)

ETA: Oh yeah, and on the way back from picking up dinner DH threw out- Can't wait to get it on tonight! That one did get a laugh out of me...he's a piece of work!

elephantmeg
01-16-2009, 11:38 PM
UGH, huge hugs and buying house vibes your way! I hope you feel better soon!

MamaMolly
01-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Oh my, something is in the air. Like Stupid Husband Virus. This was my house last night:

DH calls around 5 to say he'll be late, to go ahead and eat without him. What ever. So a few hours later DD has a really messy poop plus it is cold as heck so I figure why not give her a bath. My cell phone rings and it is DH wanting to know what I'm doing.

Me: Giving DD a bath
DH: Oh. Well can you come pick me up?
Me: When?
DH: Now
Me: :banghead:

OMfreakinG! DD is in the TUB. As is WET. It is in the TEENS outside. I have to get her out of the tub (which she won't appreciate) get her dressed (hahahahahaha oh that is just a jolly time) and bundled up and then out to the car which hasn't been run all day so I have to let it warm up. Then take a hungry cranky husband and a tired cranky toddler home, feed him, put her to bed, it goes on and on.

Tonight was the same only no bath and DH just SAT ON HIS BUTT and watched me struggle to get DD to bed. He wants to know what I want to do tomorrow. I don't know, but I can tell you it will be *by myself*!!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Dh says- Moron, the correct response is nod smile and say "yes dear,yes dear,yes dear." Any other response entitles you to a beat down by the pregnant lady.

He's a smart man.