PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Ottawa, Montreal, & Quebec City with kids?

SASM
01-17-2009, 08:36 AM
x-post: not sure where to post. We are interested in travelling to Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and are looking for things to do with a 6, 4, & 1.5yo. I already know about IKEA & Winterlude in Ottawa (sounds awesome!) ~ we are hoping that the "sleigh rentals" are a stroller-type thing for DD2!! So...can you tell me about these cities? Any fun suggestions for the kids ~ indoor, outdoor. seasonal?

DH & I love museums but the kids...not so much...but I'd love those suggestions for us in the future. ;)

THANK YOU!!!

bubbaray
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
You should PM MontrealMum. You might also PM hipmaman and mikeysmom -- they're not in that exact area, but somewhat close.

You could skate on the Rideau canal with the family (youngest in the stroller) if you want. That would be fun.

Quebec City has the Ice hotel -- built entirely out of ice. I wouldn't want to stay there, but it would be cool to see.

I've lived in Montreal, but it was when I was in university and I have no clue about family-friendly activities. The legal drinking age is something like 14, though. ;)