PDA

View Full Version : Which dc has the bigger bedroom?

amldaley
01-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Which dc has the bigger or biggest bedroom and how or why did you decide?

SnuggleBuggles
01-17-2009, 09:51 AM
#2 wasn't planned when we bought this house so his bedroom is really small. My plan is to either keep him in the little room for good (and he can just complain about the unfairness about being the youngest) or I have a back up plan. When ds2 needs a real bed, in like 2 years, I will move ds1 into his room and buy him a loft bed and ds2 can take over ds1's room. That's my maybe plan depending on what they both want in the future.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Same size, but since DD will have her own and DS1 and DS2 will share hers will be bigger per person. I think both of those bedrooms are larger than ours. At least the layout is better. Their rooms are long and seem to have more wall space.

JBaxter
01-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Ds2's is bigger but DS1's is in the basement which for a teen makes it better.

o_mom
01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
DS1 and DS2 share the bigger one, DS3's is slightly smaller. I'm not sure that they are that much different in size, just shaped differently.

Octobermommy
01-17-2009, 10:14 AM
The bedrooms are about the same now but when we move dd will have the bigger room, she is older and I don't think ds will care for a long time.

sarahsthreads
01-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, DD2's room turned out to be bigger than DD1's. DD1's room is 10x10 not counting the closet and doorway area, DD2's room is 9x14. But DD2's room has a significantly smaller closet. We "decided" on their rooms this way because when DD1 was on the way DD2's future room was the "office", but the other room was a guest room and fairly easily converted (if you don't count the nightmarish wallpaper removal part!)

We did offer to switch rooms after we'd painted and before DD2 was actually born, because DD1 seemed more into the pink and yellow combo we chose for DD2 than the lavender and green in her own room, but she wanted to stay in her room.

I figure the second child gets the short end of the stick so much, if she has a slightly bigger bedroom, well, maybe that will make up for all the hand-me-downs?

Sarah :)

LBW
01-17-2009, 10:24 AM
My oldest two share one bedroom. The baby is in his own, slightly smaller, room. I'd love to have them all share one big room some day.

lmwbasye
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Right now, DS2 has the bigger room. This is because when we moved here, we just had one kiddo and we put him in the bigger room. When DS2 came along, we didn't feel like moving nursery furniture, so we made that DS2's room and moved DS1 to the smaller room.

That being said, both rooms are little and not a huge difference in size. Also, no idea how we will decide when we move in a few months. We may let DS1 pick which room he wants.

hez
01-17-2009, 12:02 PM
DS has the larger room with the bigger closet. He lucked out being born first. The nursery is closest to our room-- he started there, and then moved into the guest room when DD came along. It just happened that the closer room is smaller.

When DD is old enough to figure out she 'needs' the bigger/better closet, DS will be on his way to college :)

caleymama
01-17-2009, 12:06 PM
They share a room, but their room is quite a bit larger than ours and has an adjacent 1/2 bath.

MommyAllison
01-17-2009, 01:46 PM
DD has the bigger room because she picked it, and DS still cosleeps so barely uses his room anyway. :) DD also needs the bigger closet, which her room has.

pb&j
01-17-2009, 02:08 PM
DS, just because he was born first. However, DH's office currently occupies our largest bedroom (it's even larger than our master b/r, but the closet is smaller, and no attached bath), and if he ever moves his office out of that room, if DD wants it, it's hers.

I will say that I like DD's room plenty - we moved 1 mo before DS was born, so I didn't really fix his room up at all (paint is builder's beige). But since I had time to prepare for DD, there is nice paint in her room, and I did a ClosetMaid system in her closet that is very nice. And it is still large enough to fit a crib and a bed, so it's not like we put her in some leftover closet.

hillview
01-17-2009, 03:31 PM
DS #1 has the larger one. We moved here when DS #1 was newborn and wanted him closer. It is quite a bit larger. Not sure what we will do over time -- might move them into the same room and make an office/guest room or keep it as is. For now they are so little no one seems to notice.
/hillary

jk3
01-17-2009, 03:38 PM
My middle son. My oldest picked out his room and the youngest will eventually be in a room that is the same size as the oldest's room. My middle son's room is twice as big as the other kid bedrooms.

brittone2
01-17-2009, 03:51 PM
DS is in the bigger room. DD is still sleeping with us, so that makes it easy LOL. DS has our old Queen bed, so that takes up some space. He also plays in his room on his own. His closet has two levels for hanging stuff, and I have DD's things above, and his below (so he can reach them on his own).

DD is 2, and still sleeping w/ us...but we have a twin bed in there, and the room is painted for her. Right now there's also a desk in her room w/ the computer, and I have a longish kid table for art projects. We have an armoire in there with our homeschooling stuff.

I'm not sure if we are staying in this house or when DD will move to her own room (DS moved into his own at age 3). I'm not opposed to my kids sharing a room eventually. We can relocate the office stuff out of DD's room as well. The closet DD's room (that she doesn't use yet) slash office is filled with boxes of photos, office stuff, etc. but I could probably move her clothing in there if I wanted to.

wellyes
01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I just have one but....... when I was growing up, my older brother had the big room, and it irritated me to no end, and in a bratty 11-year-old stage I insisted we change it. He was 15, he just shrugged, didn't care, and we switched. Thanks bro!

hbridge
01-17-2009, 07:08 PM
DC has the smallest room in the house and a much bigger playroom...

That being said, as a child we moved every few years and we switched off getting first choice of rooms; one move I chose first, the next my sibling. That being said I always loved my rooms. I think my sibling and I had totally different ideas of what a room should be...

elephantmeg
01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
the way it was growing up it was about the size of the bed, not the room. The person who had the big bed (double) had to give it up when company came and had to keep it clean for unexpected guests (which were pretty frequent when I was in high school-no not my friends, seminary students of my dad's). I coveted my bro's double bed growing up! In HS I had 2 twins and he had 1.

happymomma
01-17-2009, 10:48 PM
In our old house, DS had the smaller bedroom. He is older but he was in the smaller bedroom b/c we had made the nursery there. But when DD came, we were going to switch but he didn't want to. He was only 2 1/2 and didn't want the bigger room. But when he got older he didn't like having the smaller room. So in our new house, he got the bigger room.

caheinz
01-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, DS1 has the larger of the two that are kids' rooms. We moved him into it before we knew he was going to have twins for siblings...

Down the line, I don't know what we'll do. The master bedroom is ours -- laundry, walk-in closet, and attached bath. The other three rooms are bizarre. One tiny room (currently the twins') has the largest closet. DS1 is in a much larger room, with a slightly smaller closet. And the last bedroom is currently an office, and has a closet the size of a linen closet -- not even half the size of the other rooms. The room itself is as big as DS1's.

We'll have to wait and see in a few years. Not sure if the twins will share or need their own rooms down the line. When we first moved here, DH was working from home, so the office was a must. We might be able to do without later...