PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide cosmetics giveaway - begins Tuesday, Jan. 20

charp2000
01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Read this in my local paper this morning -

As part of a class action lawsuit major department stores will be giving away up to $25 worth of free cosmetics to each customer on a first-come, first-served basis starting Tuesday. Each customer does have to sign a form stating they purchased products between May 1994 and July 2003.

"More than 14 department stores will be participating in the giveaway, including Bloomingdale's, Dillard's, Herberger's, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Younkers. The list of freebies includes perfume by Boucheron, Christian Dior and Guerlin, body lotion by Clarins, Chanel, Vera Wang and Calvin Klein, shower gel by Sarah Jessica Parker, Lancome, Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren, Advanced Night Repair by Estee Lauder, Moisture Surge by Clinique and mascara by Lancome."

More info here
http://www.cosmeticssettlement.com/
or google "cosmetics giveaway Tuesday Jan 20"

kellybelly0513
01-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks! I used to buy a lot of Estee Lauder and Chanel products when I worked at Macys. I guess I will be visiting there on Tuesday to see what they say.

Macy
01-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks! I used to buy a lot of Estee Lauder and Chanel products when I worked at Macys. I guess I will be visiting there on Tuesday to see what they say.

To Determine Whether You Are a Member of the Class, Please Read the Following:

You are a member of the class if you are currently a resident of the United States who purchased Department Store Cosmetics in the United States during the class period, which products were made, distributed and/or sold by the Manufacturer Defendants or Retailer Defendants listed below. You are not a member of the class, even though you bought the covered products during the relevant time period, if you fall into one or more of the following categories: all employees, officers, directors or agents (including attorneys) of any defendant, as well as any judge, justice or judicial officer presiding over this matter, and each such person’s immediate family.

Kelly, I'm sure you meant to say you also bought a lot of products there even when you were an employee, but that would have been a different time period, right? :wink2:

BargainMomforLuke
01-18-2009, 11:32 AM
From SD:

Lawsuit settlement - Retailers to give away 1.75$ million worth of cosmetics, full list in OP. Jan 20 - 26th, B&M, YMMV on product availability, first come, first serve.

The giveaway is the culmination of a class action suit that accused Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Bergdorf, Dillard's, Filene's, Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue, among others, of fixing cosmetics prices. Though the giveaway runs from January 20-26, we'd be shocked if the products last for a full day. Consider Macy's giveaway strategy:

...free products will be set on tables in the cosmetics department, said Jim Sluzewski, a company spokesman. "When they're gone, they're gone," he said.

Consumers will be limited to one product worth up to $25, and they will be required to sign a form declaring that they purchased the covered products between May 29, 1994 and July 16, 2003, which, um, you did, right?

Found at: The Consumerist
http://consumerist.com/5133811/mark-your-calendars-massive-cosmetics-giveaway-set-for-inauguration-day

Lawsuit information:
http://www.cosmeticssettlement.com/

List of stores:
* Bergdorf Goodman

* Bergner’s

* Bloomingdale’s

* Boston Store

* Carson Pirie Scott

* Dillard’s

* Gottschalks

* Herberger’s

* Macy’s

* Neiman Marcus

* Nordstrom

* Parisian

* Saks Fifth Avenue

* Younkers

List of items:

The following is a list of the Manufacturer Defendants and their products that will be distributed, while supplies last, through the stores listed above:

* Boucheron (USA) Ltd.:

Femme Eau de Toilette (1 ounce/30 ml)

* Chanel, Inc.:

Coco Mademoiselle body lotion (3.4 fluid oz)

* Christian Dior Perfumes, Inc.:

J’Adore Eau de Parfum (15 ml)

* Clarins U.S.A., Inc. (customers will have a choice of ONE of two products, while supplies last):

Clarins Energizing Morning Cream (30 ml) OR

Clarins Beauty Flash Bomb (30 ml)

* Conopco, Inc. (distributed by Coty, Inc. on behalf of Conopco, Inc.) (customers will have a choice of ONE of three products, while supplies last):

Calvin Klein Euphoria Bath and Shower Crème (6.7 oz)

OR

Vera Wang Princess Body Polish (5 oz)

OR

Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker Shower Gel (6.7 oz)

* The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (customers will have a choice of ONE of two products, while supplies last):

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair (15 ml/0.5 oz)

OR

Clinique Moisture Surge (30 ml/1 oz)

* Guerlain, Inc.:

My Insolence Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

* L’Oréal USA, Inc. (formerly known as Cosmair, Inc.) (customers will have a choice of ONE of eight products, while supplies last):

Lancôme UV Expert 20

OR

Lancôme Cils Design Pro Mascara

OR

Lancôme Fatale Mascara

OR

Lancôme Courbe Virtuose Mascara

OR

Lancôme Primordial Skin Defense

OR

Ralph Lauren Romance Shower Gel (6.7 oz.)

OR

Giorgio Armani ACM Shower Gel (6.7 oz)

OR

Lancôme Hypnôse Shower Gel

* Parfums Givenchy, Inc.:

Very Irresistible Givenchy Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

To Determine Whether You Are a Member of the Class, Please Read the Following:

You are a member of the class if you are currently a resident of the United States who purchased Department Store Cosmetics in the United States during the class period, which products were made, distributed and/or sold by the Manufacturer Defendants or Retailer Defendants listed below. You are not a member of the class, even though you bought the covered products during the relevant time period, if you fall into one or more of the following categories: all employees, officers, directors or agents (including attorneys) of any defendant, as well as any judge, justice or judicial officer presiding over this matter, and each such person’s immediate family.

Tinkerbell313
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
If no receipt is required, I can see lots of dishonest people coming out for this one.

calebsmama03
01-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah. THe SDers have been licking their chops on it for weeks already!

Oregonmother
01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I was at Macy's today, and they were setting up a table for this.

Fairy
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I cannot wait!

ssjarrett
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this! I picked up my jar of moisture surge this morning!

happymomma
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Just picked up a bottle of UV protector from Lancome. It's awesome.

scrooks
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Mascara for me! Yeah!

wendibird22
01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Got my Moisture Surge. Can't beat the value.

Fairy
01-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I was glued to my TV all day and didn't have it in me to leave. I hope they have stock tomorrow!

DrSally
01-20-2009, 11:36 PM
I got some Estee Lauder advanced night repair. There were people there who obviously had not bought department store cosmetics (old men) and most people were talking about how they didn't know why the store was doing this. So, who knows if the products were going to the people who bought cosmetics. Just seemed like it was a random give-away.

Amelie06
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Neiman Marcus had a table set up at their indoor mall entrance. Obviously they wanted to unload their supplies fast. All types of people were lined up for a free product. I was able to score the Clarin's moisturizer. Thanks so much to the poster of this thread.

alien_host
01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I happened to be at the Mall on Friday (1/23) and stopped by Bloomingdales and they were still giving out the Estee Lauder Night Repair Cream.