PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller for Tall Toddler??

fyrefly
01-18-2009, 12:59 AM
We are searching for a double stroller that will accommodate a tall toddler and are having trouble -- any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. The most important qualities we need are:
- lightweight
- easy to fold into the trunk of a car
- manuevers smoothly
- good sunshade
- good for walking -- I am NOT a jogger but I love to take long walks in the suburbs (sometimes on uneven sidewalks) so something that can handle about 3 miles a day of walks
- can accommodate a tall toddler (our son is 21 months, 31 lbs and 35.5 inches tall (his torso is long -- not his legs -- 23" from his butt to his head)
- can accommodate an infant (baby is due in 6 weeks)

So far, after our research, we like 2 strollers:
1. Baby Jogger City Mini - We both loved this one for it's lightweight, incredibly easy to fold, great/big sunshades and smooth ride...however my son doesn't look like he will have a lot of room to grow in it? so that's our biggest concern and holding us back.

2. Phil & Ted's E3/Sports Buggy - I also like this one - which looks like it might have more room from butt to canopy...and we can convert back to a single stroller when my son is ready to walk. But, my husband tried it out and he was kicking/hitting his knee into the bottom toddler chair when he pushed it (which annoyed him and I imagine wouldn't make our second baby happy either). Did anyone else have that complaint? Is there a way to fix that issue?

Are there any other doubles that are great for a taller toddler that you can recommend??

Please help! THANK YOU! :bighand: