PDA

View Full Version : EEK! I lost my 05 Pliko P3 Infant Seat Adapter Strap!

longtallsally05
01-18-2009, 04:10 AM
I have a 2005 Peg Perego Pliko P3 that came with a gray infant seat adapter strap that I used with my Graco Snugride. Since baby #2 is due in a couple of weeks, I got out my P3 and Snugride this weekend, only to find that I have misplaced the infant seat adapter strap!

Anyone have one of these straps they don't need anymore or know how I can obtain another one of these straps? I don't think the new P3 comes with these straps, and it is my understanding Peg Perego's customer service is pretty non-existant. I can't use my P3 with the Snugride unless I have the strap; I'm in a bind. I just can't run to the nearest Babies R Us or Walmart for another stroller/car seat set-up because we live in Japan and most strollers are too short for me anyway (DH and I are both 6'1" so we really need to use the P3)...any suggestions?

Thanks!

L.

salsah
01-18-2009, 07:40 PM
you can try strollerswap. maybe someone there has one they don't need. or they may know how/where to get a replacement.

strollerqueen
01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
You could just put your baby in the stroller directly, or you could get the Peg Navetta carrycot for it. I'm not a big fan of car seats stuck in strollers, but I think you could use just a webbed luggage strap to keep it in. I would *not* use a bungee cord. That sharp hook is so dangerous if it unsnaps. We've heard of some horrible eye accidents with those .

bubbaray
01-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I"ve always found PPs CS quite good, actually, though I'm dealing with their Canadian division.

I've used an infant carrier in my P3 without the strap. I did it rarely, but it was fine for across the parking lot to the dr's office, that sort of thing.

Momof3Labs
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I've also had great experiences with PP customer service.

javanutsy
01-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Did the 05 P3s have a snack tray?

We used the 07 P3 + SnugRide without the strap for the 6 months our DS was in the infant car seat... Never felt a need for the strap as the seat clicks into the snack tray and was pretty secure... Only time we were extra careful is hopping down sidewalks.