PDA

View Full Version : How many crib sheets?

wifecat
01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm getting a couple ultimate crib sheets to go over the top of my pretty sheets, but how many ultimate crib sheets and how many fitted should I get? I was thinking two of each - is that enough? Too much?

vludmilla
01-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Some people seem to need many sheets. DD didn't leak on the sheets so 2 worked for me. Before you buy lots of sheets, you may want to see if DC will leak a lot.

Momof3Labs
01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Three is a minimum for me. The only nights we've been happy to have three is when someone has the stomach flu. Invariably, they vomit twice relatively close together, so with three sheets, we can do two changes (since the first isn't always out of the wash before the second change).

I tried an UCS and didn't care for it - the surface wasn't soft enough for a baby, and I never dug it out again when they were older. It's also not terribly easy to change with all the straps. It's just as easy to change the crib sheet itself, IMO.

infomama
01-18-2009, 11:09 AM
We bought two waterproof mattress pads and four sheets. Two are cotton (lands End, I think) and two are from Fleece Baby, for winter. Works for us.

AngelaS
01-18-2009, 01:00 PM
I never owned more than 3. But really I only used my two Lands End one. :)

scrooks
01-18-2009, 03:49 PM
I think it varies a lot kid to kid. I bought a bunch and we only use a couple. DD never leaks but I've talked to friends that go through many, many sheets!
I think 2 or 3 is good to start with and then maybe buy more if it seems necessary.