PDA

View Full Version : Bonavita Peyton Lifestyle Crib Vent

Ammu09
01-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm expecting a baby girl in 4 weeks and motivated to post my first newbie thread on this site because I'm feeling so frustrated with our new crib this morning. I had my heart set on putting a baby mobile (tiny love symphony in motion) and a crib toy (fisher price ocean wonders aquarium) on the peyton lifestyle crib (non-dropside), but I've just realized that the crib rails are too wide for either the mobile or the toy! (Of course, I have taken both the mobile and the toy out of the box and unsure if I can return them). The shorter side rails on the crib are not as thick, but they are curved, so you could try to rig the mobile on, but it teeters in an unstable way. The longer rails are just so thick that nothing will fit....Aarrgh! I guess I have a beautiful (and hopefully safe) crib, but that's not comforting me right now...The crib is very well rated on Consumer Reports and the brand is well rated by Baby bargains, but I wish I had done more research. It never occurred to me that a commonly used mobile and toy could be incompatible with a crib! *SIGH*

Ammu09

shawnandangel
01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
I know how you feel. My Wendy Bellissimo crib has the same problem. Some mobiles have a wall mount. If your crib is by a wall maybe you could do that. I know the Lambs & Ivy mobiles have the wall mount and they sell them at BRU. If you have your heart set on the tiny love, I would go to BRU who is having 75% off thei clearance mobiles right now and buy a clearance mobile and just use the wall mount. Would cost you like $10 or less.

Hope that helps mama! Have a safe and happy delivery! Congrats!

wendibird22
01-18-2009, 12:42 PM
We have this crib and I was able to get our mobile (from PBK) to attach. It is the kind with a "nut" and "bolt" sort of way to attach...at the bottom of the long mobile pole is the nut/screw end and there's a big bolt that screws it on. Anyhow, with the pole placed on the mattress/inside of the top/long rail, I had to angle the mobile inwards more and then I could get the bolt to screw on. So, not ideal because it wasn't completely vertical but it did work.

That said, my DD could have cared less about that mobile. She didn't look at it or find the music soothing. I think I only ever played it twice. And we chose not to put any musical crib toys in the crib because I had heard a bunch of horror stories from my friends about them keeping their LOs up, not soothing them to sleep as intended. But that was my choice.

They also make mobile "extenders" because most standard mobiles don't fit most convertible cribs. You might be able to find an extender to work.

tylersmama
01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I had the same problem with the mobile I bought from PBK. What we did was to hang it from the ceiling...screwed a hook into the ceiling, and used invisible thread (or fishing line) to suspend it. It worked great, maybe even better than the arm for attaching it to the side of the crib.

MamaMolly
01-20-2009, 12:48 AM
What about using zip ties to stabilize it? Unsightly but it would probably work. The Tiny Love didn't attach super securely to DD's crib but I LOVED that mobile!!! We took it off by the time she could sit up so the wobble-factor wasn't a big deal, you know? I also had a dinky wind up mobile from BRU that wasn't worth bothering with. By the time I'd wound it up and got DD settled in the crib it was done. What a waste of $$. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Staraglimmer
01-20-2009, 01:35 AM
We had the same problem. Could you attach the mobile to the wall?

mommylamb
01-21-2009, 04:24 PM
We have the same crib (which for the most part I love). I had no problem with the mobile (long since gone now), but the aquarium was a no-go.

brianneashley11
01-25-2009, 09:49 PM
hello everyone,

My husband and I expecting our little bundle of joy in about 3 weeks. We purchased and assembled the Bonavita Peyton LS crib and really like the crib alot, however I am slightly worried about the fit of the mattress. We have the Simmons Beautyrest Backcare VII. There is not much room to the sides (less than two fingers)... however the matress seems to shake, move a decent amount in the crib. I am not sure if my mattress does not fit right or if there is a problem with assembly. Can anyone else let me know if they have/had any similar problems. Or if their crib also moves and maybe this is not an issue??

Thanks so much,
Brianne

mommylamb
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
We don't have that problem with our mattress at all. We have a colgate classica II mattress. But it is snug and stays in place. The crib doesn't move either. I'd check the installation again to make sure.

wendibird22
01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I checked ours this morning and no wiggle or shaking. I'd check your assembly.