PDA

View Full Version : Pretty annoyed with my OB's office

eliasmom
01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
So, my big u/s is tomorrow, when I will actually be 21 weeks. I feel like it has been a long wait. The office scheduled it for tomorrow due to my doctor's schedule... I went along with no fuss even though I've been dying to get a peek at the kiddo & hopefully find out gender.

I got a call at 4:30pm on Friday from the doctors' office telling me that had to reschedule me. I asked if I could keep the u/s appt and see the doctor another time. No way - ok, I get it, if there's something wrong on the u/s, they want the doctor to be able to tell you. I ask if I can see another doctor after the u/s because, honestly, I could care less who I see - I just want my u/s!!! After being put on hold for about 10 minutes, they ask to call me back because the schedule system is down on the computer. Here is the message they left: "Well, we've decided to let you keep your u/s appt and we'll just move some other people around to make room and you'll see your doctor at 9:45."

Ummm, hello, I scheduled that u/s & appt a month ago. Who the heck do you have to move around?!?! DH thought the doc had decided she didn't want to work MLK Day and that's why they were arranging... apparently not. So, here's the thing: you're an OB office so you deal with pregnant women all the time. Why would you try to move the chick with the 20 week u/s as opposed to one of the other people who is just having a regular check and hasn't been looking forward to it for WEEKS? :nono:

Thanks for letting me vent. It probably would not have pissed me off as much if they had called, explained WHY they needed to change it and then asked if I would be willing.

happymomma
01-18-2009, 06:26 PM
That sucks. You are totally in the right. 20 week u/s is such an impt appt. I remember looking forward to that appt for ages so that I can take a peek at whether the baby was a boy or girl. I don't understand who they would have to "move around" for the appt that you made over a month ago. I agree with your DH. I think the doctor decided that he didn't feel like working on MLK day and was giving you a guilt trip.

catcombs
01-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Not to hijack but my OB just told me on Friday that she is going to be on vacation beginning the 24th for 1 week. Hello my due date is the 24th (if you go by the ultrasound) or the 28th (if you go by my LMP cycle). Why are you just now telling me that you are going to Hawaii. I realize there is nothing she can do about it but I would have rather known about it a couple of months ago rather than a week before my due date. So now I have to wrap my brain around having another doctor deliver my baby.