PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of flash cards...

Charlie
01-18-2009, 08:27 PM
...I would like to get some animal flash cards for DS. I have no plan to drill him on the animals, but he loves when I point to and name the animal decals on his wall. So, I thought he would have fun with some flashcards. I was thinking of either the Eric Carle set (illustrated animal on one side, letter on the other) or the Little Einstein set (animal photo on one side, facts on the other). Does anyone have either? Would you recommend them? Which would be sturdier? I saw the ones at Target but they seem more appropriate for an older child.

ett
01-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Do you mean the Baby Einstein cards? We have both those and the Eric Carle set. The Eric Carle set is sturdier but the Baby Einstein cards are still laminated cardboard so they will hold up decently well. DS2 will look at the cards occasionally, but they are definitely not a favorite. He's learning most of his animals from books.

Sortfloorbooks has the Eric Carle set for cheap.
http://www.sortfloorbooks.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=711986&keyword=eric+carle&searchby=title&offset=0&fs=1&CLSN_2564=12323034432564414825e3b2a696670b

One way to choose is do you prefer actual photographs of animals or illustrations?

overcome
01-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I was thinking of either the Eric Carle set (illustrated animal on one side, letter on the other) Does anyone have either? Would you recommend them? Which would be sturdier?.

We have the Eric Carle set from sortfloorbooks.com and they are wonderful. So colorful and very sturdy. IMO, you can't go wrong with these, especially if you are a fan of Eric Carle!

GL

Charlie
01-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Ooops, yes I meant Baby Einstein. Thanks for your responses! I couldn't decide if illustrations or pictures would be more interesting for DS but I think I will go with Eric Carle since they are sturdier.

kcimato
01-20-2009, 06:26 PM
These are beautiful animal flashcards also. Very sturdy. We have animals,dinosaurs and space.

http://www.flashofbrilliance.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.15.exe/online-store/scstore/flashcards.htm?L+scstore+wbbs7769ffdcaadc+12410281 24

vludmilla
01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
We love the Eric Carle cards. They are very sturdy and look brand new even though DD has played with them a lot. I like that they have some unusual animals in addition to the common ones.

kcimato
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Also forgot to mention that MamaKath posted about Planet Earth flashcards at Target's Dollar spot. Got some of those also.

infomama
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
We have the Eric Carle cards as well (gift for DD2's 1st Bday) and I would vote for them.