PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Kathy Van Zeeland Bag?

Fairy
01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm in desperate need to replace my every day black Coach that I've used most of the time since 2001, which has seen way better days. I've seen many Kathy bags, and I kind of like them. I don't like big flashy shiny things, but some of her smaller bags, especially the green one, I do kind of like. However, they don't appear to be real leather, which is a mark against for me. Does anyone have a Kathy bag? Do you like it? Any thoughts?

Octobermommy
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
My cousin has one she loves but she is more of a flashy person. I am not but I like it too, it is a green color. I just got one at the New Years day Dillards extra 50% off sale for $25 but I am not sure I am going to keep it. It just seems a little off to me but the organization is great.

Not sure I really helped you there, sorry!

bubbaray
01-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Ya know, I really like them. I wanted to get a light blue one last spring with lots of bling (and I'm SOOOOO NOT a bling girl). The mama's here talked me out of it. But, I still think about that stupid bag. I should have bought it and loved it, regardless of what anyone thought.

I love leather bags, but I have tried to buy less leather (cows give off more greenhouse gases than cars or something like that, plus all the chemicals from the tannery processes). I got a Big Budda one from ebags that I like (one of my coworkers LOVES it). But, I still think about that KVZ bag.

I say get the bag you want. You only live once.

Fairy
01-18-2009, 10:48 PM
No, you did! Is it leather?

bubbaray
01-18-2009, 10:52 PM
I thought all of her bags were faux leather.... I could be wrong, though. The ones I've seen IRL have all been faux.

cchavez
01-18-2009, 10:53 PM
I have had one in the past and really liked it but prefer Coach. I would not pay full price but try to fine one you like at TJMaxx, Marshalls, etc

Fairy
01-19-2009, 12:48 AM
I'll pay stupid money for a bag I love. But I have to love it. And that's why I haven't replaced my coach yet. And good god, but it needs replacing. The KVZ is very very blingie. I am not blingie. It doess eem very flashy, and I'mnot sure I could wear it without feelign ... weird. But every one I've seen, I've loved. So far, the price for the ones I like -- the smaller ones (I like small bags) have only been $70 or $90. I've paid way more for my Coaches. But they've also lasted forever. I just am not sure. I may sit on it for a while longer. DH got me for my Bday (two bdays ago) free reign on Lill Studio bag of my choice --> http://www.1154lill.com/aboutlill/behindtheseams.asp. Thing is ... I don't care for most of them. I said, Honey,c an I have a Coach instead? No. Hmm. So, I haven't cashed in yet on the Lill Studio. Jury's still out. Thanks for the info, Guys.