PDA

View Full Version : gift for new twins

soontobe
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
so.... both my sisters-in-law are expecting twins in a month or two and I need to figure out what to get as gifts. The thing is that they both already have one DC so they have a lot of the essential baby stuff. Can I have so suggestions please!!!!:D

TIA

p.s-we can't spend more then about $25/gift

Melaine
01-18-2009, 09:53 PM
There are lots of fun twins onesies/tees at cafepress.com.
http://shop.cafepress.com/twins?page=3
Also,
http://www.twinshoppe.com/Twin_Baby_and_Multiples_Gifts_s/2.htm
I like the Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts because they work for g/g, b/g, or b/b.
http://multiples.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=multiples&cdn=parenting&tm=9&f=00&tt=3&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.personalcreations.com/shop/thumbnail.asp%3Fworld_code%3D2%26category_code%3D3 10%26subcategory_code%3D31004%26search_type%3Dsubc ategory

Just don't get anything saying DOUBLE TROUBLE, please.
That is my PET PEEVE.

hellokitty
01-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Maid service GC! A lot of times when my friends have children after their first one and they pretty much already have baby stuff, I get something for the mom.

Twin Mom
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't know if you would want to do this instead of or in addition to a gift, but how about bringing them a meal or sending them a meal once the babies come home? It is really great when you don't have to worry about dinner. Just helping with laundry and other stuff around the house is also a big help.

The Review Mommy
01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
i have twins, and my experience with gifts were...

i received one beautiful handmade blanket from my mothers work friend. i was HURT there wasnt another for the other twin. WTF!

i recieved many outfits. but just ONE. either a girl or a boy. most were for the girl twin, nothing for the boy...grrrrrrrr

i recieved one space saver...one bib, one burp cloth, one, one, one....

do people not realize i was having TWO?! They were giving gifts like i was only having ONE. So my question for you is. When you buy a baby gift for a friend do you spend $25? Why not double for a friend having twins?

IME the gifts sucks when you have twins and the parents have to buy TWO OF EVERYTHING which gets REALLY expensive. So my suggestion is if your going to get something get her TWO of something. Ask her what she needs two of and/or just give CASH which can be used anywhere along with a cute personal card and a faux coupon for one after noon of cleaning, one homemade meal made by you, errands etc...

I NEEDED more help not wanted. a little goes a long way. It was like that for many months after that. Not just the first weeks like having a singleton. People dont realize...

caheinz
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM
We didn't get a ton of gifts, but what we did were in pairs. One problem, though, is that our twin boys are identical, so the last thing we ever want to do is put them both in the same outfit. In fact, we have them color-coded in a sense (only one wears brown, only the other wears blue), so if you send me two identical blue rompers, one kid will wear both, or one won't get worn...

I have loved all of the matching onesies we got. They got two cute sets for Christmas -- Thing 1 and Things 2, and Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! (Oh, and matching onesies are fine, since we can put them in different-colored pants!)

I also made them a couple of sets of matching onesies using fabric markers. I did copy/paste and yin/yang. (You could do two complete outfits that way quite inexpensively -- pairing plain (you-decorate) onesies with plain pants.)

Food was wonderful in the first month or two. We're just now at the point (~4mos) where we can work on filling our own freezer on the weekends.

Cleaning help would have been amazing, but probably won't fit into your budget.

Gift cards are great, except that it's hard to go shopping with two little ones. Possibly better if they can be used online, or if they come early enough to use them before the babies arrive.

Remember that there are many essentials that they likely have one of but will need two of -- bouncy seats, swings (whatever works for their babies), car seats (possibly -- they might need two new ones). Also, they're going to need a new stroller to accomodate 2-3 kids... And diapers go fast with two newborns...

BeachBum
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
As an almost mom of twins, I'm hoping for personalized things. Burp rags with the boys initials on them, or onesies with a monogram etc. Even though I do have most of my stuff from my first DS, things like stroller toys, gymini toys, that got lost or kind of grungy are helpful. I also really like nice bath products (california baby, mustela, noodle and boo etc) for the kids and they make a good gift.