PDA

View Full Version : Where do the twins sleep at first?

Momof3Labs
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
I have a Peg Perego Navetta (not big enough for two - DS2 was getting too big at 4 weeks) and an older PNP with what I think was a 3/4 bassinet. We don't have room in our bedroom for the crib, and I really want the babies close at the beginning, at least for a month or two (my first two were out of our room at night by 4-6 weeks, when the nighttime feeds slowed down). Will my PNP bassinet work? Or will I need a PNP with a full bassinet? Trying to avoid buying too much excess gear with a short lifespan, but I have time to keep an eye out for a good bargain between now and then (or find someone to borrow from) if it will make life easier!

We plan to have them in the crib together for a while, so I figured that I would keep them together as soon as they come home - otherwise, I guess we could use the Navetta for one and the PNP bassinet for the other.

ETA: Forgot about PNP bassinet weight limits!! Is the weight limit on the full bassinet 15lbs too? Then that won't work - or not for long. Now I'm really not sure what the best option is!

mikeys_mom
01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, the weight on the full bassinet is also 15 lbs. We are planning to put both of them in one PNP with the full bassinet for maybe a week or two, depending on their birth weights. Then I will have them each in their own bassinet (not PNP) in our bedroom. We have one that we used for the older two and are hoping to borrow a second from a friend. The bassinets seem to take up a bit less space then the PNP in our bedroom.

If you have the space, I would just use the Navetta and PNP bassinet. I totally understand about not wanting to buy excess gear.

lorinick
01-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Just use the bottom part of the PNP for a little while. Same the cash. I wouldn't waste the money to buy two bassinets unless you can barrow. Since they don't use them long. And you would like to get them in their own room at 4-6 weeks or so.

fivi2
01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
They slept together at night in a crib in our room for a very long time. (well over a year).

The crib was squeezed in tight - not pretty at all and made it difficult to move around, but I loved having there. A co-sleeper might be a little smaller. or the pnp like someone else mentioned!

dowlinal
01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
We're moving in Sept so I've been trying to figure this out too. We only have three bedrooms here so I am hoping to delay the crib until we move. I think what I am going to do is suck it up and buy a full sized co-sleeper. The full sized one is big enough for both twins to sleep in for the first few months and it lets me keep them together and next to me.

I am pretty sure that these guys would have ended up in my bed anyway since that's what happened with both girls and this way I don't have to worry about my other two getting into bed with us.

mamaoftwins
01-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I know, it's terrible that the bassinet weight limit is so light on the PnPs!

We used the full-sized Arm's Reach co-sleeper in our room until the guys were abt 4wks, then moved them both into 1 crib in their room, then separated them around 8-10 wks. LOVED the cosleeper. I highly recommend it. Used it as a portable crib (set up like a PnP) on a few trips early on. They could fit in it comfortably together until abt 5mos.

Papa Joe
02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
My Twins where only a week and a half early and didn't otherwise have additional health risks and they have always slept in their own cribs in their room right next to ours. They will have to share a room for a while. I slept on the floor in their room when they were really small. We also have a Sony monitor that has worked REALLY well for us. During the day when they were really little they slept in two Graco portable travel cribs in our family room. We were fortunate enough to have on and we borrowed another. However, they grew out of them rather quickly.