PDA

View Full Version : I'coo Pluto?

reissgirl
01-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Does anyone know anything about the I'Coo Pluto?

strollerqueen
01-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Yes, I do. What would you like to know?

reissgirl
01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Strollerqueen, thank you SO much for responding. I know I've been posting a lot lately - I am truly having a gear crisis since my Snap N Go died after being gate checked last week. :-)

I'm trying to choose an umbrella/lightweight stroller for car use. I have a Valco TriMode for neighborhood walks and love it. Here's what I'm up to so far:

1) Maclaren Triumph
Pros: great steering, very easy fold, lightweight
Cons: tippy, don't love the buckle recline mechanism

2) Silver Cross Pop or Dazzle
Pros: You've mentioned that it's not tippy
Cons: I haven't seen it in person, 3 pounds heavier than the Triumph, 2 locking clips instead of the Triumph's one clip (will that be annoying?)

Now I see the I'Coo Pluto and I'm wondering if I should consider it. It seems to be the same weight as the Silver Cross strollers. I'm wondering if 15 pounds is too much for an in and out of the car stroller. I also travel once every couple of months. Is it tippy? How's the fold? How's the steering? Overall, do you give it a thumbs up or thumbs down? It's very pricey and 'm wondering what makes it worth the money.

I posted about a lightweight stroller about a week before my Snap N Go was fatally wounded and you urged me to grab a Silver Cross Dazzle from schnoop.com. Of course, that was the beginning of my search and I didn't act fast enough. If I decide to get a Silver cross, I may just buy a cheap stroller at Babie R Us until it pops up again on schnoop. I just don't know about the extra 3 pounds.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

strollerqueen
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Strollerqueen, thank you SO much for responding. I know I've been posting a lot lately - I am truly having a gear crisis since my Snap N Go died after being gate checked last week. :-)

I'm trying to choose an umbrella/lightweight stroller for car use. I have a Valco TriMode for neighborhood walks and love it. Here's what I'm up to so far:

1) Maclaren Triumph
Pros: great steering, very easy fold, lightweight
Cons: tippy, don't love the buckle recline mechanism

2) Silver Cross Pop or Dazzle
Pros: You've mentioned that it's not tippy
Cons: I haven't seen it in person, 3 pounds heavier than the Triumph, 2 locking clips instead of the Triumph's one clip (will that be annoying?)

Now I see the I'Coo Pluto and I'm wondering if I should consider it. It seems to be the same weight as the Silver Cross strollers. I'm wondering if 15 pounds is too much for an in and out of the car stroller. I also travel once every couple of months. Is it tippy? How's the fold? How's the steering? Overall, do you give it a thumbs up or thumbs down? It's very pricey and 'm wondering what makes it worth the money.

I posted about a lightweight stroller about a week before my Snap N Go was fatally wounded and you urged me to grab a Silver Cross Dazzle from schnoop.com. Of course, that was the beginning of my search and I didn't act fast enough. If I decide to get a Silver cross, I may just buy a cheap stroller at Babie R Us until it pops up again on schnoop. I just don't know about the extra 3 pounds.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I do have more info about it on my 2009 Roll-Out, but from what I recall, it is heavier than that. I think it is pretty much the same model as the Inglesina Urbe'. It's a lovely stroller, great suspension, tall seat, tall handles. If you look at the pics, though, you can see that the metal extends up into the handles. So if you ahve sensitive hands, that is something to consider.

strollerqueen
01-20-2009, 04:24 AM
The Triumph is the lightest of those you are considering, that's about 11 pounds. Then the Dazzle is 14 pounds, I think? I have that one reviewed on strollerqueen.com, click the 'Strollerland" button. I would guess the Pluto is closer to 20 pounds; that's what I recall from the Urbe'.

reissgirl
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Silver Cross' website says that both the Dazzle and the Pop weigh 15.4 pounds. So which one is better? I bought your 2009 stroller rollout - great info!!!! - and now I want the Peg Perego s'i!

It's really hard to consider a 15.4 pound Dazzle vs. an 11.5 pound Triumph without seeing the Silver Cross. It's hard to know how much heavier that stroller would feel. Also, if I'm willing to go up to 15.4 pounds, are there other strollers I should consider? Thanks!

strollerqueen
01-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Thanks, glad you liked it! Well, I just weighed my Quest at 13 pounds, and I adore it. The Ryders have a bit bigger frame and wheels, more recline and suspension, and come in at around 14-15 pounds. But you're right, if you are really looking for light, don't go much more than that. Three pounds does make a difference when you are swinging it in and out of the car all day.

The Micralite FF is somewhere in that range. I did weigh my Toro at 20, so it is less than that. The BJ Mini is 16, I think.

I don't know what the actual weight will be on the Si', but I liked it a lot when I tried it. I think it won't be any heavier than the Pliko Lite, which was 16 pounds. They were being clearanced out at Albee's for $109, don't know if they have any left. It's a good one. I prefer the steering and the more updated look of the Si' though. Another one I liked is the Phil and Ted's Smart Buggy. The prototype I pushed had excellent steering. I hope they can keep it nice and light.

strollerqueen
01-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Oh, the Dazzle is the newer model. The Pop came out a few years ago. The Dazzle has more updated features, looks more unique. But they are both nice, so it depends on which "look" you prefer.