PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy baby shoes--any good?

ku9296
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
A friend gave me a couple of pairs of Old Navy baby shoes that are Robeez-look-alikes. They're really cute but they're made out of synthetic leather so I'm not quite sure how comfy they would be for my son.

I have a number of baby outfits from Old Navy (like onesies) and I think their clothes are generally pretty good quality for the price, but I'm not sure about their baby shoes--are these any good? Anyone with good/bad experience with them?

If they're decent, I'll keep them and have my son wear them at daycare. If not, I'm thinking of exchanging them for other items.

brittone2
01-19-2009, 11:51 AM
A friend gave me a couple of pairs of Old Navy baby shoes that are Robeez-look-alikes. They're really cute but they're made out of synthetic leather so I'm not quite sure how comfy they would be for my son.

I have a number of baby outfits from Old Navy (like onesies) and I think their clothes are generally pretty good quality for the price, but I'm not sure about their baby shoes--are these any good? Anyone with good/bad experience with them?

If they're decent, I'll keep them and have my son wear them at daycare. If not, I'm thinking of exchanging them for other items.

If they are vinyl vs. real leather I would also wonder about what's in them. Some fake leather contains nasty stuff (IMO)....PVC usually, and that sometimes has lead. Target has had baby and children's shoes come back testing high for lead in the past year or so. Probably not too much of an issue, but once baby is putting feet in mouth, etc. it might be something to think about?

Octobermommy
01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't recommend them. They don't really give any and they were hard to get on my ds. He never even wore them b/c of that.

Melaine
01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I would keep them if your DC is really a baby (not walking). You can fork over more cash later for nice shoes once they reach walking age, IMO.

ku9296
01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Many thanks for your replies and input--my son's 5 months old but the shoe size is for 6-12 months so he probably would not be able to wear them for a while (I tried putting them onto his feet and it was waaay too big). I'll mull over whether to keep them or exchange them, although I'm leaning towards the latter given that they're made from synthetic leather. I think once he starts walking I'll buy him Robeez.