PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Hotel for Dogs? Reviews?

firstbaby
01-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Both boys (5 and 2.5) LOVE dogs and I think they would enjoy it. Has anyone seen it? Is the content okay? The language okay? We don't watch movies / shows that call people stupid / idiots, etc so I want to make sure what I'm signing up for if we go :)

Thanks!

KarenLud
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I haven't seen it but want to! From the previews it looks like those kids are living my dream! :ROTFLMAO:

Twoboos
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Here's the review from Kids-in-Mind, looks like it's 1, 3, and 4 out of 10 for sex/violence/profanity.

http://www.kids-in-mind.com/h/hotelfordogs.htm

Tondi G
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
We saw it with our 7.5 and 3.5 year old boys.... our 8 year old Neighbor came as well! It was really cute. The dogs are just dogs.... they don't talk or have animated mouths. The story is cute. The teenage kids kiss at the end and well as a pair of dogs! LOL My kids really enjoyed it. My 3 year old sat and was entertained the whole time. At one point my 7 year old grabbed my hand and was tearing up... sad part when the kids get split up and their dog goes off to the pound (he's a sweet, emotional 7 year old softy my kiddo!)

KrystalS
01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I took my almost 5 yo DD to see it yesterday. We both thought it was great. I was so happy to see a movie that wasn't animated! I thought it was a really cute story, parts of it were sad though. DD didn't like the parts where the dogs were in the pound, she was scared they were going to hurt them. Those parts only lasted a few minutes though. Overall I think it was a great movie for kids and adults.

lfp2n
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
My 5.75 year old really enjoyed it, her buddy enjoyed it also although he got a little squirmy by the end as its 1.40. I had to explain the whole parents dieing, foster parents, social services, adoption thing, not sure how much of that she really got. It is a bit of a tear jerker when the kids get split up, and when they are going to put all the dogs down if your kid is sensitive, but they'd probably have to be a little but older to actually realise whats happening.

hbridge
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank you all for reviewing this and the OP for asking the question. My 5 year old DC is very sensitive to all things animals. She cried during Winn-Dixie when the dog was lost, but was fine when he was found again.

So I guess my questions are:

Does the film have a happy ending?
How long are the dogs seperated and how difficult is it for a child to watch?

DC won't care if the kids are in trouble, but animals in trouble are enough to make DC very upset...