PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella stroller advice please

jgenie
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm looking to buy an umbrella stroller for my DS (1 Yr). He's not a huge fan of shopping carts or strollers. I usually carry him in a carrier and he really likes it, so it makes for a pleasant outing for both of us. If we go to the mall I have a hard time carrying the diaper bag and shopping bags, so I'm thinking an umbrella stroller would be nice. Any recs? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but I would like one that will hold up in case he later decides he likes strollers or in case we have another child later. I saw the McClaren's but not sure about all the different models. Also, read about clearance models at TJ Maxx on another thread.

TIA

jenny
01-19-2009, 05:15 PM
As far as the Maclaren category goes, if you want something light for just quick trips--and your kid doesn't take a nap in the stroller...then you might consider the Mac Volo.

I have the Mac Quest b/c DD is just 6 months and needs the leg rest and the recline options. But my friend got the volo as a gift when her DD turned 1 and she LOVES it. She took it to disney too and had no problem.

If you want something cheaper, my friend got a JEEP umbrella stroller from BRU for $30. It steers well, but the canopy is a joke.

IMO, if you're going to spend $30 on a JEEP umbrella, why not spend $30-$40 more to get a volo off of ebay or something.

lorinick
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I have the Quest and love it. I too like pp started using it at 6 mts. and loved and used the foot rest all the time. I would buy either the triumph or the quest. I like to have a recline feature. I think at one it's still nice to have and the seat is more comfy on the Quest and Tri than the Volo.