PDA

View Full Version : Double compatible with Keyfit30?

srhs
01-19-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm all new to the stroller forum and world. Really, my travel system has been fine for DS so far. GASP! Don't blacklist me! :)

Do any doubles accommodate the Keyfit30? Since baby will be so little in winter, I'd really prefer to snap in the seat as it's the quickest way to get indoors covered.

I searched the archives and just came across the Bumbleride Indie Twin, but the KF isn't listed on their site as compatible.

TIA!

elektra
01-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I have a KeyFit (older 22 model) too and am looking for doubles. The Indie twin is the only one I have found that takes it. But I looked at the Indie twin in person this past weekend and I don't think I would like it better than a BOB or BJ or I think I may have to live without the carseat snapping in.
Good luck in your search. I am still undecided!

alirebco
01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
This is the response to Chicco about double strollers and their infant seat:

Dear Chicco Customer, We will be introducing a side by side double stroller that will accept 1 of our car seats. One side will be for the car seat and the other side can accommodate a second child. This should be released approximately summer of 2009. In addition, we will be making a tandem double stroller that will accept 2 of our car seats. We currently do not have a release date for this product. We suggest that you check our website chiccousa.com for updates on these products. The Contours Options Tandem made by Kolcraft will accept one of the Chicco infant car seats. We also suggest the Joovy Standon Caboose or the Joovy Big Caboose. We hope you find this information helpful. Regards, Chicco Customer Service

srhs
01-19-2009, 10:13 PM
This is the response to Chicco about double strollers and their infant seat

Thank you alirebco!!! Just curious...did you specify the 30 when you wrote them?

Elektra: Did you see for sure if the KF would fit in the Indie? The website had a list of carseats that fit, and KF wasn't on it.

alirebco
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Yup, it will fit the Keyfit 30!

elektra
01-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi-
I didn't check for sure no. I know I read somewhere that it takes the KeyFit though. It must have been on another vendor's site. Weird that Bumbleride didn't have it listed.
I can see how it would work though-
This is one of the only double all-terrains that I have seen at least that has the adjustable footrest that comes all the way up. So with the bar in place and the footrest pulled all the way up, it would make a nice little nest for the car seat. You then use an additional safety strap that you strap across the top of the seat.
It comes with the adapter bar too, unlike every other all-terrain double I have seen.
There were some things I didn't like though about the stroller in the longer term though, at least as compared to the Bob or Baby Jogger.