PDA

View Full Version : Are you watching the inauguration?

LBW
01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Malia and Sasha just came out - they are such beautiful, well behaved girls. I cannot image what they must be feeling right now. My oldest is a year younger than Sasha, and I know that seeing them has helped him relate to, and get excited about, the electoral process. It's great to have young children in the White House again!

JTsMom
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I just had to come pop in for a second and say

:cheerleader1::love-retry::bighand:

and now I'm headed back to the living room. LOL

(And I agree- very beautiful little girls!)

maestramommy
01-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Malia and Sasha just came out - they are such beautiful, well behaved girls. I cannot image what they must be feeling right now. My oldest is a year younger than Sasha, and I know that seeing them has helped him relate to, and get excited about, the electoral process. It's great to have young children in the White House again!

Now let's just hope the press leaves them alone. I thought they were pretty cruel sometimes when Chelsea Clinton was younger.

caleymama
01-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Yes, younger DD and I are watching (and coloring, LOL).

hellokitty
01-20-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm watching. I think that Obama's dd's are beautiful too. I broke out the zoob right before the ceremony so my kids will leave me alone to watch the inauguration in peace.

elektra
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
You bet! DD's nanny tried to change the channel out in the living room to kid's music and DD protested, "Obamba!" So she turned it back. ;)

mamaoftwins
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I just turned it on for about 5 min and watched Pres. Obama take the oath.

Did I hear them right? VP Biden was the unofficial pres for the 5min btwn when Bush's term expired at noon and Obama took the oath at 12:05. I didn't realize it worked like that as I had never thought about it before. Interesting.

ETA: Agreeing with Melinda. I hope the press is kinder to Malia & Sasha than they were to Chelsea.

JTsMom
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Does anyone happen to remember how old Chelsea was when Clinton was elected? I think she was older than the Obama girls, wasn't she? The press was ridiculously cruel to her, for sure. I would hope we have grown up a lot since then. Picking on a little girl, for her looks none the less, is just inexcusable!

Fairy
01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
She was eleven.

g-mama
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
The Obama girls behave so well and are unbelievably poised.

I read this interesting/funny thing about how there have not been any presidents with young sons in the White House for like 50 years. The author was comparing the way young girls conduct themselves vs. the way young boys do and joking about how poorly young boys would do with the tedium and public appearances on the campaign trail, thereby ruining their father's chance of winning the Presidency!! I was laughing thinking, oh how true!!