PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Recall of CLIF and LUNA Peanut butter bars.

Aarohismom
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Clif Bar and Company Announces Voluntary Nationwide Recall of CLIF and LUNA Branded Bars Containing Peanut Butter Due to Possible Health Risk (January 19)

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/clifbar01_09.html

s_gosney
01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
ARGH! I just bought dd some cliff bars yesterday thinking specifically that a brand like would be less like to be involved in the recall. I just pulled one out and there's something I don't get. I have a chocolate chip peanut crunch bar dated 19 sep 09. So that's not included in the recall; it's between the two date ranges that they say are potentially contaminated. That makes me nervous though...would you still let dc eat it?

ETA: Thanks for posting, OP!

srhs
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Ugh! Thanks for posting!!!
My Clif ARE in the recalled range. I know I ate one last Tues; I'm so grateful without issue! Gosh, I am preg and nursing too. Should I be worried about any other consequences to DS or the baby if I didn't get sick?

srhs
01-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I have a chocolate chip peanut crunch bar dated 19 sep 09. So that's not included in the recall; it's between the two date ranges that they say are potentially contaminated.

Maybe I'm confused here, but the site says:

"Clif Bar Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch
BEST BY/SELL BY: 21JUN09 to 01OCT09"

19 Sept would be between those dates and therefore included, right?

s_gosney
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Maybe I'm confused here, but the site says:

"Clif Bar Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch
BEST BY/SELL BY: 21JUN09 to 01OCT09"

19 Sept would be between those dates and therefore included, right?

DOH! You're totally right and I obviously need DS's teeth to come in so I can start getting more sleep! :) Thanks for pointing that out. DD will be so disappointed that her after school snack can't be eaten. Better scrounge something else up.

Thanks again!

elektra
01-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks. I just threw all our peanut ones out. :(

3blackcats
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Great. I just bought three BOXES of these for DH.
Better go check the dates...

srhs
01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I just called ClifBar. They said they only used peanut butter from that company--Peanut Corporation of America (PCA)--for a short time, hence the limited exp dates. They said they are fairly certain they'll not need to expand their recall since they've narrowed down all production/sell by dates that would involve PCA-brand PB.

Getting a refund was easy-peasy so I'd recommend calling.

Most of our case had already been consumed (without incident, of course). It sounds like they are reacting with a clean sweep to their time with PCA but don't have any reported ClifBar incidents yet.

kijip
01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Does this include their line of kids bars called Z-bars? I have a bunch of these from an Amazon sale for Toby. I will check and see if some have peanuts.

charp2000
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Does this include their line of kids bars called Z-bars? I have a bunch of these from an Amazon sale for Toby. I will check and see if some have peanuts.

From the FDA link above - these are the only recalled ZBaRs:

ZBaR Peanut Butter
BEST BY/SELL BY: 07JUL09 to 05SEP09, and 12NOV09

purpleeyes
01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Hmmm I live on Odawalla Bars, particularly the chocolate peanut ones... I guess I'll have to give them up for a bit, just in case! :thumbsdown: