PDA

View Full Version : What an exhausting day for the Obamas!

LarsMal
01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm sure the adrenaline will carry them through, but I heard that the Obama's are scheduled to appear at all 10 balls tonight- their last scheduled appearance will be around 2:30 AM. What a LOOOONG day!!!

mamaoftwins
01-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm sure the adrenaline will carry them through, but I heard that the Obama's are scheduled to appear at all 10 balls tonight- their last scheduled appearance will be around 2:30 AM. What a LOOOONG day!!!

I agree, I was just reading about that. I cannot imagine having to be in public and socializing/celebrating that much!! Maybe they'll get to sleep in tomorrow. ;)

maestramommy
01-20-2009, 07:22 PM
I was wondering how they manage to have that many balls. So the Obamas have to hop around through the evening? Insane.

I hope at least Michelle Obama gets to sleep in tomorrow!:loveeyes:

ThreeofUs
01-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I was just thinking about this. Certainly, they have planned for such a very long day, but even with it being the culmination of a long, hard-fought journey, they must be longing for a bit of quiet and peace.

LarsMal
01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Just turned on MSNBC and they are still at the parade!! I don't know how they're going to do it all. I'd be emotionally drained from the excitement of the day, not to mention standing out in the cold for so long.

I hope they get some yummy food along the way- and some hot drinks!

Bens Momma
01-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I was just talking to DH about this. I know they're probably running high on adrenaline, but at such a pace ALL day! And to be "on" throughout it all--Yikes! As far as getting some rest tomorrow, they've been saying that he has a full schedule of meetings tomorrow! I guess he's prepared as it comes with the territory. Surely he pulled many an all-nighter as he was going through law school ;)!