PDA

View Full Version : Dylan slept until 6am!!!

lizajane
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM
just getting around to sharing this snow day miracle. for those of you who have followed my saga... this is VERY big news. of course, i woke up at 4am anyway because he has woken me up at 4am for SO long. but that is OK because i didn't have to get up! i just got to go back to sleep!!! whoo hoo!!

pray for another miracle tonight and that the 4am spell has been broken!!!

(FYI: we are using the weight blanket i made and i added some white noise, AND he didn't have a nap yesterday- which was weird since we rode in the car for more than 5 hours. no nap today either, so here is to hoping! ETA: he doesn't have a regular nap, but will fall asleep in the car sometimes on the way places around town because he is so tired from waking up before dawn. and then you can't wake him up for hours- seriously. you can't. i have witnesses!)

bluestarfish18
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Yey! Here's to many more sleepful mornings!:bighand:

Melaine
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
WOW! Do you think it was the blanket?!!? High hopes that this is the start of a new trend for you guys! There is nothing better than waking up and realizing it was just from HABIT not from a child waking you (and you can go back to sleep!)

kedss
01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
congrats! :)

brittone2
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
:cheerleader1:
:yay:

what great news!

Bens Momma
01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Congrats, that's GREAT news!!! Makes all your hard work on the weight blanket soooo worth it. Here's to many more good nights of sleep!

R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

JTsMom
01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Woohoo! Every single stitch on the blanket was worthwhile, huh? :applause: I'm so excited for you!

KrisM
01-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Excellent news!

I was thinking about you when I saw this: http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php?page=product. I am thinking about getting it. DS1 usually sleeps until about 6, but sometimes gets up at 3am and thinks it's morning. He's quiet, usually, so waking other kids isn't the issue. Waking us is :).

maestramommy
01-20-2009, 09:18 PM
That's wonderful! :yay:Here's to more sleepy nights!:boogie:

overcome
01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Hip Hip Hooray. What a luxurious feeling to be able to go back to sleep! Keep us posted!! GL

happymomma
01-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah Liza!! Here's to many more nights like this!!:thumbsup:

lizajane
01-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Excellent news!

I was thinking about you when I saw this: http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php?page=product. I am thinking about getting it. DS1 usually sleeps until about 6, but sometimes gets up at 3am and thinks it's morning. He's quiet, usually, so waking other kids isn't the issue. Waking us is :).

a friend emailed me about this light when she saw my facebook whining. she says it is awesome! i think i am going to get one!

Staraglimmer
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Congrats :grouphug:

KrisM
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM
a friend emailed me about this light when she saw my facebook whining. she says it is awesome! i think i am going to get one!

Good to know. I wish it was $35, but I think I'm going to get one, too. It's so hard - it's dark all the time now and light all the time in the summer, so how should they know?? DS1 is quiet when he gets up, usually, but still sometimes gets up at 3am thinking it's morning! I showed it to him and he wants one.

lizajane
01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Good to know. I wish it was $35, but I think I'm going to get one, too. It's so hard - it's dark all the time now and light all the time in the summer, so how should they know?? DS1 is quiet when he gets up, usually, but still sometimes gets up at 3am thinking it's morning! I showed it to him and he wants one.

we used an alarm, but then i realized that i didn't want it to wake them up if they actually WERE sleeping!

mommy111
01-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Its the blanket! Its the blanket! I knew it would work since you had worked sooooo hard on it.

kijip
01-20-2009, 11:03 PM
:yay::yay::yay:

:hug: glad you had some success!

niccig
01-20-2009, 11:47 PM

Do you have a lamp that you can put on an electronic timer? We did this, the timer was less than $20. Don't get a manual one with pins, that was a pain to set. The electronic one was easy to set and since using it, DS gets up at 7am. It's not as fun as the one in the link though.

Good news Liza Jane. Lets cross fingers for another sleep in tomorrow.

KrisM
01-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Do you have a lamp that you can put on an electronic timer? We did this, the timer was less than $20. Don't get a manual one with pins, that was a pain to set. The electronic one was easy to set and since using it, DS gets up at 7am. It's not as fun as the one in the link though.

Good news Liza Jane. Lets cross fingers for another sleep in tomorrow.

We do, but DD often wants the lamp on to fall asleep at night. When she does, DS1 wears a sleep mask :) for dark, but the lamp sometimes stays on all night.

lizajane
01-21-2009, 09:19 AM
DARN IT.

back to 5am today.

but still better than 4am...

KrisM
01-21-2009, 09:31 AM
DARN IT.

back to 5am today.

Much better than 4am! I bet he'll gradually get longer until 6 is the norm.

mommy111
01-21-2009, 09:39 AM
DARN IT.

back to 5am today.

Its getting better......
Soon you'll have to walk into his room to wake him up
:yay: