PDA

View Full Version : Who was the woman with red scarf?

SunshineWedding
01-20-2009, 08:34 PM
On the inauguration stand that is - who is she? She greeted almost everyone with a kiss, an older woman? I can't remember what channel I was watching but I really wished they had more commentary on who was who on the stand, it was frustrating trying to figure out everyone.

TIA, I know someone here will be able to put my curiouslity to rest :)

octmom
01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Was it the First Lady's mother? I don't remember exactly who wore what color scarves, but I think she was wearing red.

Bens Momma
01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I noticed her too. She was very excited and greeted just about everyone as they walked in. If I'm thinking of the same woman you are I believe it was State Rep. John Lewis' (Georgia) wife, Lillian Miles. This is my guess because she was standing right next to him. He is pretty famous as a Civil Rights Leader and Rep.

R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS

SunshineWedding
01-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Thank you so much!!!! I have asked sooooo many people this question and NO ONE knew - I truely wished the commentators had elaborated much more of who we were seeing on tv, this was driving me crazy, she was very friendly and seemed to greet everyone warmly.

Thanks again!

SASM
01-22-2009, 01:41 AM
IIRC, the First Lady's mother, Mrs Robinson, was wearing a purple coat with a red hat and scarf. She walked into the seating area with Sasha and Malia and sat with them. I do not think that she was greeting everyone, though, as she tends to be more subdued. Not sure if this helped. I do not recall any other person with a red scarf.