PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Users: Can you help me pick a new phone?

Fairy
01-20-2009, 09:26 PM
So, I am suffering thru this awful RAZR now that my Treo had a very unfortunate accident with a body of water. It's finally time to get a new phone. I'd like a SmartPhone, but it MUST be Windows 6.0 or higher OS, and I'm not allowed to have a Blackberry (work dictated). There are no more Treos, they don't make 'em anymore. I want a full keyboard, not a virtual touch screen. Is that new big blue thing my only option?

What if I give up the SmartPhone and just go with a regular phone? How do you feel about the EnV2? Again, I want a full keyboard, not a virtual.

Suggestions?

Mommy_Mea
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I have the EnV (original version), and I love it! It is a little bigger than my old flip phones, but it is a very sturdy phone (I have dropped it many times). I do find the number pad a little hard to dial, but that may be better on the EnV2...

infomama
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM
My cousin just got an EnV and she LOVES it. I am getting a Centro since DS and I rely heavily on the color coded palm calender. Heard good things about it and you don't have to have the data package.

wellyes
01-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't do any texting, so this won't help, but I just got the Boulder (the orange one) and I think it is just so cool. It is indestructible - can be run over by a tank, be taken scuba diving, can survive in icy snowbanks or dropped in a boiling pot of water. Won't help you a bit, but I'm all excited about it.

pinkmomagain
01-20-2009, 10:04 PM
My dd1 has the envy and it's given us alot of trouble (shuts off by itself, problems with battery, and more). I've always had very good experiences with Samsung. My phone is pretty basic, but they probably make a fancier texting one.