PDA

View Full Version : To the woman who ran into my car at the mall....

alien_host
01-21-2009, 09:43 AM
I hope you get yours one day.

I took DH's car to the mall so I could have it washed (using a GC I got him 2 Xmas's ago). The mall has an underground parking garage that is impossible to maneuver (narrow spots etc).

A car was parking in a spot. I was waiting in the aisle for her to finish so I could pass. She started backing out (couldn't fit in the spot). I looked back and couldn't back up b/c of other cars behind me. I was far enough back that she could get out and straighten her car but she kept backing up, I tried to find the horn in time and couldn't. She drove right into the front of DH's car. She proceeded to drive AWAY!

I followed her and she happened to stop at the car wash place. I got out, tapped on her window and said, "excuse me but you hit me back there". She was in a huge SUV with her teenage daughter and she screamed at me, "NO you hit ME". I'm thinking WTF, um no you backed right into me. I said, "well you are a liar". I went to look at my car, it was so filthy with sand/salt that the bumper looked OK. The manager of the car wash came over and asked if I was OK and if there was damage to the car. The lady drove off. I should have written down her license plate # (no pen, flustered, didn't do it).

The car is just badly scratched on the top of the bumper - since her car was higher than mine she scratched it pretty badly (deep) on the plastic part. DH is pissed I didn't get her info.

The car wash manager tried using some wax to buff it out but it looks lousy. Sigh.

So lady, you totally suck, not because you hit me (sure it was an accident and obviously you weren't paying attention), but because you couldn't even admit that you hit me and apologize like a nice human being would.

So I hope bad karma comes around and bites you in the butt! People suck!

hellokitty
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
OMG! I would have been livid and gone ape sh*t on that women if I were in your shoes. I hope that karma bites her in the butt big time!

happymomma
01-21-2009, 12:00 PM
OMG, I can't believe she did that. I hope she gets hers someday. That is just wrong.

MamaMolly
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
I firmly believe it will come back to her in spades. What kills me is the example she set for her daughter. When you do something wrong you should lie about it and run away? Niiiice. It must be fun times at her house. Yep, I have a feeling she may be reaping the rewards of her choices even now!

eliasmom
01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Not cool! Karma will get her, don't worry.

Mommy_Mea
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
What is wrong with people?! Don't worry, karma isn't kind to people like that. Sounds like the guy at the carwash was really nice though!

elektra
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
What is wrong with people?!
I agree!
Last weekend my dad told me that he happened to be up really early and looking out his window, just in time to see a lady pull up in front of their house in a beater car, get out, and steal his newspapers from the driveway.
He got up (in his underwear) and shouted out the window, "hey, stop stealing my papers!" and she proceeded to tell him, " I didn't steal your papers", then got in her car and drove off with the papers!!!! WTF?!
She just denied it even though she was caught in the act. What was she 3?
I just don't get people either. The part that pisses me off about the car story the most is that she flat out denied it and then accused the OP of hitting her!! Grrrrrrr.

ehlana06
01-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I was in a situation similar to that when I was in college. I was parked on the side of the street and was about to get out of the car when a hot little convertable drove by and side swiped me. I was infuriated! I actually chased the car down until it stopped, got out of the car and proceeded to yell at the driver. The driver was aproximately 80 and he claimed that he had no idea that he even hit me. I understand that he was older, but I feel that if you are so elderly that you can no longer see the road then you definately shouldn't be driving. Just my opinion... lol

Fairy
01-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Karma's a real bitch. She'll get hers.

lorinick
01-21-2009, 04:48 PM
That happened to me at a gas starion. I knocked on his window he would not even look at me. I did follow the car and get on my cell to report the accident. I gave info and was told to stop and not pursue the vechile. It was a Mercades from the next state over. A officer did meet me in the parking lot and found the car up the road at the local Mercades dealership. The man was in a rush to leave the dealership. The officer called him at home he told the officer he feared for his safety. That why he didn't stop. And left a very busy gas station. Amagine that at 10am in the morning in an affult area at a gas station. The officer was pissed and his insure company wasn't impressed either. He was an old man with a bad attiude. A doctor whom his wife stated shouldn't be driving. He had an attorney in court that was trying to pressure me into dropping the charges. He would loss his driving priveldge. Needless to say I did sue the driver of that car for reckless driving and he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident. I wouldn't have done anything if he would have stopped and not driven off. I was no upset thinking my child could have been with me and I had a gas pump in the tank at the time. Some people.

pastrygirl
01-21-2009, 05:08 PM
If she really thought you hit her (and I know she didn't), doesn't she think it looks odd that she's the one that drove away?? How awful of her!

srhs
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
What kills me is the example she set for her daughter. When you do something wrong you should lie about it and run away? Niiiice.
ITA! What a lousy example!

So sorry that happened! What a rotten day.

alien_host
01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
First of all, thanks to all for your support and hoping that karma gets her back!

What kills me is the example she set for her daughter. When you do something wrong you should lie about it and run away? Niiiice. It must be fun times at her house. Yep, I have a feeling she may be reaping the rewards of her choices even now!

I know, isn't that awful?

And you know what? I would have probably thought it wasn't a huge deal if she said, "Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry I totally didn't see you, it was my fault. Are you OK?" blah blah blah and NOT tried to flee the scene.

Granted it is cosmetic damage but it just irks me that she lied about it and took off. I'm irritated at myself that I didn't realize the damage was worse and didn't take down her plate #. Oh well. I suppose she could have hit me while I was parked and took off (and she def. is a person that would NOT leave a note!). I guess it's similar damage. The danger of shopping at the Mall, I guess!

DrSally
01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh man, the best "revenge" would have been to get her license plate # and report it to your insurance company or police.

DrSally
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
That happened to me at a gas starion. I knocked on his window he would not even look at me. I did follow the car and get on my cell to report the accident. I gave info and was told to stop and not pursue the vechile. It was a Mercades from the next state over. A officer did meet me in the parking lot and found the car up the road at the local Mercades dealership. The man was in a rush to leave the dealership. The officer called him at home he told the officer he feared for his safety. That why he didn't stop. And left a very busy gas station. Amagine that at 10am in the morning in an affult area at a gas station. The officer was pissed and his insure company wasn't impressed either. He was an old man with a bad attiude. A doctor whom his wife stated shouldn't be driving. He had an attorney in court that was trying to pressure me into dropping the charges. He would loss his driving priveldge. Needless to say I did sue the driver of that car for reckless driving and he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident. I wouldn't have done anything if he would have stopped and not driven off. I was no upset thinking my child could have been with me and I had a gas pump in the tank at the time. Some people.

That's the way to do it. Get the license plate number and call the cops. I'm glad he had to own up to his actions. It is called leaving the scene of an accident!