PDA

View Full Version : double stroller rentals in disney

alison1
01-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi -I have a big 6.5 y/o (60lbs, 4 ft) and a medium sized 3.5 y/o. I think I still need a double for when my big one wants to ride. Has anyone tried the orlandostroller rentals? They use a baby jogger city mini. does anyone have this and would my kids fit in it. Or should I just rent a double at disney (much more expensive)? Also, any one have pictures of the disney doubles? Are they easy to push? Thanks

hellokitty
01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
My bil and sil took their two kids to WDW. They just got the double at WDW two yrs ago and it fit both of her kids (six and 8 yr old at the time) just fine. So, can't help you out on pricing, but wanted to let you know that the WDW are big enough for older kids too. Mil went with them and said that the the 8 yr old got really tired, so they were glad they got the double so he could ride too.

lablover
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
We just got back from Florida and we were at Disney for 4 days last week. I rented the double from Orlandostrollers and I'm sooo glad that I did. The stroller is so much nicer than the Disney rental. If I needed a double I would probably go out and buy it now! It's easy to steer, lightweight, and it folds in a snap. My 5 year old is 45 inches tall (and I think he has a long torso) and he fit in it fine. His head touched the top of the canopy, but he didn't mind. And you could just leave the canopy closed. It would have been a disaster if I didn't have a stroller for him to ride in, because he tired of walking very easily. My 2 year old napped in the stroller 2 afternoons which would have never happened in the Disney stroller because theirs is just hard plastic with a bench seat. I also liked that we had the stroller at our hotel and could use it to go to and from the parks (we stayed on the monorail route). Much easier having the kids contained with the large groups getting off the monorail, and we could walk faster. The stroller was waiting for us when we checked in and we just dropped it off at the front desk when we left. I highly recommend using them!