PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk spring

Ceepa
01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
I know that there is still snow on the ground in many places, and some of us may still have a stray Christmas decoration hanging around and we're fighting off winter cold/flu season BUT ...

Let's look toward warmer days, spring flowers, fewer clothes to wrangle onto DC just to go outside. What are you doing to get ready?

-we've already started talking about which items to plant in our garden this year
-I've packed away some of the winter clothes (all the PJs are staying out because nighttime is still BRRRRR).
-scheduled DC for swim class
-started a small pile of things for Easter baskets (!) Actually they were the stocking stuffers I didn't find until after the Dec. 25. :oops:
-found some cute Valentine's online but am considering making them with DC instead
ETA: - look for used bike trailer

I really don't like Winter. Can you tell? ;)

gatorsmom
01-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I really don't like Winter. Can you tell? ;)

I"m so tired of winter I think i"m actually in a depression over it. Yesterday was 15 degrees and it felt like a heatwave. Even the preschool teacher commented on how nice it felt outside. That is so wrong.

It doesn't help that we had a delayed Christmas celebration at our house with my brother's family so I STILL have all my Christmas decorations up. All of it. It also doesn't help that DH is gone on a business trip all this week leaving me with all the kids.

4 kids cooped up in a depressingly, overly Christmas-decorated house in the middle of freezing cold January does not a happy mommy make. I am this close to running out of the front door screaming. Oh, and both my handvac and my upright vacuums are broken and we are waiting on filter replacements. Which will take a few weeks. lovely.

Sorry not to be more optimistic. I guess I should have posted this is the BP. Spring seems so distant....

pinkmomagain
01-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow, your post is more hopeful to me than yesterday's inauguration! I swear this winter is getting to me!

We are going for a short vaca to someplace beachy next month so that should help.

I'm happy to notice that the days are getting longer. It used to be pretty dark at 4:30pm and now it's a little after 5pm. Oh, and I got a few cheap tanks and Ts for myself from ON's sale that I'm looking forward to wearing in the coming months.

That's about all I can muster up. Off to make some tea and bundle up in my robe....

HIU8
01-21-2009, 09:53 PM
I hate winter. I hate cold. BUT I have had no time to even think about spring. I cannot wait until spring and summer (my two favorite seasons). I want to be able to send the kids outside. I want to have my front door open and let fresh air in the house.

Corie
01-21-2009, 10:05 PM
1. Bought the Dymo Label Buddy for each child for their Easter baskets.

2. Signing up my son for Zoo Camp this summer.

3. Picked out our homemade Valentine idea for DS. Need to buy supplies.

4. Still looking for a homemade Valentine idea for DD. (She's harder to please.)

Other than that, I've got nothing.