PDA

View Full Version : Mask for spacer (RAD in a toddler)

TaChapm
01-21-2009, 03:57 PM
We have been working really hard trying to keep Tyler's RAD under control but from Sept. on he has been terribly sick and dealing with it non stop. Our doctor recommended switching from pulmicort (Nebulizer) to Flovent (inhailer). He thinks that the flovent will work better. At this point I am willing to try anything. We went and got the spacer for the inhailer but it doesn't have a mask and Tyler WILL NOT do it. He hates the taste and refuses to even put it in his mouth after the first time. I have seen the ones with the mask attached to it and think that would help out. The problem is our insurance didn't cover the spacer and I hate to pay for another one just to get the mask. Do they sell masks seperatly that I can just attach to the current spacer that I have? Money is so tight right now and I hate to spend the money on another full spacer just to get the mask.

mamaoftwins
01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Ours came with a mask b/c our pedi specifically asked for it. Can you call the pharmacy where you got the spacer from and tell them that it did not come with a pediatric mask and you need one? Perhaps they can just give one to you.

jjjo1112
01-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I was able to get one at CVS pharmacy. I let them know that I didn't receive one and needed it for my son(age 3), they were helpful and gave me one. We switched a few months ago to the flovent instead of the nebulizer. It has been so much easier and quicker, we also do albuterol this way during flare ups. Good luck. Jackie

alexsmommy
01-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Ask your ped and ask if they have one you can have. My ped can always dig that stuff up - I'd just be honest and say "Money is really, really, tight right now. If you guys have one we can just have that would be a big help."