PDA

View Full Version : Using BOB Revolution as main stroller?

Becky
01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone!

Any thoughts on using the BOB Revolution as my main stroller? I'm trying to avoid purchasing 3 strollers and already got the BOB and am thinking I could just use that and a snap n go as my two options while my baby is too young for an umbrella stroller. Any thoughts on doing this? Does anyone see any problems with it? I feel like I'm missing something since most people have a jogger, regular stroller and umbrella stroller I think? This is our first if it wasn't already obvious :)

Thank you!!
Becky:wavey:

julymommy
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I can't comment about the Bob specifically - but we only have the MBUS and are very happy. We have not even considered adding another stroller.

pb&j
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Yep, that's what we're doing right now.

pastrygirl
01-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I used it as my only stroller for a year. Then I got hit with the stroller bug and have bought several strollers since then! :o But it easily could've been my one and only all this time! It was great at the mall, grocery store, outdoors, etc.

jsgless
01-21-2009, 10:20 PM
we have BOB and snap and go - they were wonderful for the first 5 months! just got a mac quest for lighter travel. BOB not the best in stores (tight spaces between the racks at gymboree) - but it is manageable, and in general, it is great for everyday use!

amandabea
01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
I think it's totally acceptable and doable as long as it fits in your car. However, if you're planning to travel by plane at some point, you might want a smaller, more portable stroller. I'd be happy to have my BOB as our only stroller, if it fit in the trunk of my car.

MontrealMum
01-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Our BOB was our one and only stroller for the first 6/7 mos. or so, at which point we started using a Mac too. We don't have a "regular" stroller. We have been through several different types of baby carriers (slings, Bjorn, Beco etc.) as well, however. There are many times that I will leave my BOB outside a small store and just pop my DS into a carrier; or put him in a carrier when it's too snowy to push either of our strollers. My friend has a jogger (don't know which brand) and when her son was a newborn also had a snap-n-go. I think they may have upgraded to an umbrella as well by now.

army_mom
01-21-2009, 10:34 PM
So far we have used the BOB for our only stroller (DD is only 7 weeks old). I had planned on using a snap and go and then buying the BOB, but we received the BOB as a gift and I love having it. I haven't even used the snap and go once! It is large and takes up a significant portion of the back area of the SUV but how easy it is to push and open/close outweighs the size for me. We have a Mac waiting for when DD is bigger and we need a smaller stroller for trips/malls. BOB's are so worth the money!

jent
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
So far our BOB and our Snap-n-Go have been our only strollers, and it's worked out just fine for us. Actually, we could probably have gotten away with just the BOB if we'd had the infant carrier attachment.