PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration photos (ETA: not mine!)

caleymama
01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I was actually looking for inauguration photos to see the woman with the red scarf (see another Lounge post) when I came across this set of photos:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/01/the_inauguration_of_president.html

I thought they were awesome, all of them. Just wanted to share. :)

KrisM
01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Those are great photos. Thanks for sharing.

TraciG
01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
WOW they are amazing, it is so amazing to see people all over the world watching the same thing & being so excited !

octmom
01-22-2009, 11:06 AM
There are some really great ones there. Thanks for sharing!

mommy111
01-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Absolutely beautiful.
I was struck by the stark contrast of the povery-filled images of Afghanistan and Iraq and the relative plenty we have here.
The Army Officer crying made me cry too.
And Barack and Michelle, their pics together always make me smile.
As for MamaMolly's Uncle who (potentially) said Obama's hand was not on the Bible, those photos show that it unequivocally was :)

calv
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
wow! thanks so much for sharing. Would love to see any/more pics of the big day.

OT: Any know if we can find out what the letter from Bush said to our new president? I'm very curious!!!!!

LarsMal
01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Those are amazing. I love all the shots from around the world.

On a completely different note...Jill Biden is one hot mama!

s7714
01-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Great photos! Thanks for sharing the link.

elektra
01-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Love the one of Barack and Michelle giggling and walking down the street. Wonder if he was saying, "I'm the President of the United States of America! Hehehehe" Probably not but it just kind of reminds me of that. A very human moment. :)

scoop22
01-22-2009, 01:41 PM
thanks for sharing. they are amazing shots. what a day!

citymama
01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Love these pics. I know this is not in the spirit of the dignity and gravity of the day but - we have one hot President! ;) (The mamas are pretty rockin' too).

BTW, did y'all read that the Obama girls were dressed in J. Crew? Wow!

StantonHyde
01-22-2009, 01:55 PM
What amazes me is this--has anybody here ever watched the "inauguration" of the French Prime Minister or even the German Chancellor? (ok, there are probably several of you who have--but not me) And here are people all over the WORLD watching our President. It just shows you what an impact America has.

I LOVE the photos of Michelle and Barak that are personal--just them. The one showing the family while he was sworn in was awesome--that's one for the Christmas card :love5:

And the black woman with the tear rolling down her face--so many people who are 60+ just kept saying they thought they would never live to see the day. Awesome.

southern_kali_gurl
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing.