PDA

View Full Version : New LOST thread- what did you think?

LarsMal
01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll admit, my brain hurt after last night's episode!!! As usual, I wanted to watch the entire season last night. I hate have to wait a week for the next show!

And, as always, we were left with more questions than answers:

Is Ben really good or really bad? DH thinks good, I just don't know.

Is Locke really dead, or just dead in "real life", but will come back to life once he gets to the island (like Jack's dad)?

Is Sun behind the whole Kate blood test thing, working with Widmore?

Are Ben and Widmore both trying to get the group together to get them back to the island- Sun working for Widmore and Jack with Ben?

So confusing!!!

I love that Faraday has a bigger part this time around- I really like that character- as awkward as he is.

Can't wait for next week. Oh, and if you are really into lost, check out "Doc" Jensen's recap on EW.com

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20253910,00.html

Sugar Magnolia
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I hate to say it...but I was some what disappointed in this episode.

It seems like all the other season premieres where had so much more action and answered more questions.

But I still enjoyed it.

I love that Faraday was on the island previously. And that we Sawyer show emotion.

I think Sun is up to something with Kate as well.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season!

wendibird22
01-22-2009, 11:55 AM
My head is spinning! I'm really curious who is the "client" behind the blood test (gotta be Widmore) and why the island keeps moving/flashing. Why is it that the island being moved is causing all these ripples in time?

Happy 2B mommy
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I loved it. I've been so tired, it was a real struggle to stay awake that late, but soooo worth it.

Sun wants revenge. I don't know if she is behind the whole blood test thing. I think she is working with Widmore right now, even if she plans to double-cross him. I also thought someone said that the lives on the ship could be saved. Was I wrong about that? IF they could be, Jin could be saved.

Ben, to me, is neither good nor bad. His first priority is protecting the Island 9which is a good thing), his second priority is his own self-interest.

Locke isn't really dead, he'll be alive once he returns to the Island, if not sooner.

I'm trying to figure out if Sayid has left Ben or not. I think he has, DH says no.

annasmom
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I kind of thought the "client" pushing the blood test was Ben - trying to give Kate a reason to get out of town and back to the island.

I thought it was good, but I have to admit I was dozing through some of the second hour. But that has more to do with having a newborn baby than being bored.

elektra
01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I posted in a different thread too but I am into Lost and want to chat!
I was dissapointed at first because as I mentioned in the other post, the whole time travel thing made me completely lose interest in Heroes, my former favorite show. It just go too confusing with the alternative outcomes and histories, and trying to figure out which one went with which. However, they mentioned "rules" of time travel on Lost and so hopefully it doesn't get too convoluted. So far so good I think.
I think Jin is somehow still alive.
I don't think we will really know about Ben until much later. Like the last episode maybe. His whole deal is mind games and you never know what his real motivation is.
I love Hurley. He just wants to be honest and do the right thing. How sweet was he with him mom?
Ooh I hadn't thought of how Jack's dad came back to life! Duh! His body was on the plane. And that must be how John will "come back to life" too.
I don't quite get why they all have to come back though. Something with the time/space continuum obviously (?)
And yes, I think Ben and Widmore (using Jack and Sun respectively) are both trying to get everyone back to the island using various methods. Can't really say who's behind what at this point though.
And I wonder why redhead is getting the nosebleeds? The time change thing must be affecting her differently. She has really bugged me though.
It looks like this season should be a good one!

scrooks
01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I thought it was pretty good. I can't wait to see what happens next. I think Miles is the son of that guy that made all the movies for the stations....I read somethings online about the potential for that. The fact that he grew up on the island may explain his abilities??? I guess we'll see!
Where is Claire??? Dead or just missing???

bluestarfish18
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Oops! Posted this my last night's post by accident.

Phew!!! That's was quite a way to spend two hours at the edge of my couch!

I must admit, I'm not all that impressed with the opener, but it did "answer" a lot of questions I had..but then again, isn't it a theme to aleays open more question doors when one is closed?

I'm not too keen on the time travel idea, but it seems like they could make it work somehow. If the entire rest of the season is about the islanders bouncing around in time, I'm gonna be a little ticked off. For once, it seems that Locke might be useful for something other than complaining and killing boars.

The old lady is totally Daniel's mom! Isn't that the creepy lady from "The Others"?

Is it just me, or does anyone else want Jack and Kate and get back together? And can I have Kate's house?

Ben is evil. Juliet is still evil. Whidmore gives me the creeps. I don't think that he's behind the paternity test, that just seems too simple...maybe Claire's mom somehow got whiff of her daughter's existance (she supposed to be absent this entire season, but back for season 6)?

Jin, Michael, and everyone on the ship is somehow still alive. I really don't like the newbies...Daniel, Charlotte, Miles...just irk me.

What did everyone else think?

JMS
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Daniel's mom looked pretty old don't you think??? BUT, earlier we saw Daniel on the Island at the time the Dharma Initiative was being built (wasn't that like the 60s?) and he hadn't aged. So maybe he's in cahoots with Richard (is that his name?? - the calm guy (don't know if he's good or bad) with the hot eyes)?

Just a thought. I'm still trying to form an opinion on last night's episode in general.

eta: sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Twoboos
01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh I am just so happy it's BACK!! And Sawyer had some major no-shirt time. :hysterical:

- I think Sun is a bad guy now. She seems to have lost it. Probably her doing the whole blood-test thing to Kate. In any event, I think this happened to drive them back to the island.

- Creepy lady in the church basement is likely Faraday's mom, and I do think she was the lady shown with the Others oh-so-long ago

- I agree Jack and Kate should be together!! but goodness, he really needs to clean up his act.

- Claire I think is dead! B/c Jack's father is dead, and she's hanging out with him. (Oh wait, unless she is alive and SHE is requesting the blood test from Kate??)

- DH says John will live again on the island.

- Widmore is bad news, obviously. But I have to know WHY he is so into the island! And I do feel bad that Ben is going to kill Penny (or at least try) after all that Desmond went through to get back to her. I love Desmond!

- Poor Hurley. He can't catch a break. Anna Lucia's comment to him, "Oh, Libby says Hi," made me LOL.

- LOVE that Miles might be announcer guy's son. Of course! Makes perfect sense since they showed him w/a baby last night.

I'm forgetting so much more.

LarsMal
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
-I think creepy lady might be Faraday's mom, too. But what about the butcher shop lady? Creepy lady in the church was in the Desmond time-travel episode. I think he met her in the jewelry shop when he was buying Penny's ring. She gave him some cryptic advice back then- about time traveling, I think.

- What about Charlotte not being able to remember her mom's maiden name? Was she born on the island? Ben's *real* daughter? hmm...

- Are Charlotte's nosebleeds due to that fact that she doesn't have a "constant"? It's something along those lines.

- I just spent a few minutes lurking on the Lost message board on ABC. Whoa!!! Talk about people who are into the show! They have so many good thoughts, though! For example, why did Sun show Kate a picture of her daughter as a baby when her daughter would clearly be about 2 years old or so? Aaron was only a few weeks when they left the island, and Sun was pregnant, so Aaron and Sun's daughter wouldn't be that far apart in age. I didn't even think about that last night.

- Can't wait to see how Desmond and Faraday's abilities play out this season. I think Desmond will end up being the hero somehow.

- I don't think Jin died, but who knows where he is! Sun will somehow find him when they get back to the island.

veronica
01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
For example, why did Sun show Kate a picture of her daughter as a baby when her daughter would clearly be about 2 years old or so? Aaron was only a few weeks when they left the island, and Sun was pregnant, so Aaron and Sun's daughter wouldn't be that far apart in age. I didn't even think about that last night.

- /QUOTE]

DH and I picked up on this. Maybe Sun time-travelled back and the baby was only a few months old and now she is going to relive the pregnancy...-just kidding

Carrots
01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I kind of thought the "client" pushing the blood test was Ben - trying to give Kate a reason to get out of town and back to the island.

I thought so too.

I love Ben's character. He is so creepy.

Carrots
01-22-2009, 03:44 PM
For example, why did Sun show Kate a picture of her daughter as a baby when her daughter would clearly be about 2 years old or so? Aaron was only a few weeks when they left the island, and Sun was pregnant, so Aaron and Sun's daughter wouldn't be that far apart in age.

I also thought this.

I like the theory about Faraday's mom. I also think it is interesting that Faraday looks the same now as he did when he was working on the Orchid Station. He didn't appear to look younger (wasn't it built in 1986?).

nrp
01-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I also think it is interesting that Faraday looks the same now as he did when he was working on the Orchid Station. He didn't appear to look younger (wasn't it built in 1986?).

My theory was that the clip of Faraday at the Orchid station in the beginning was during one of their "jumps" and Faraday just blended in to investigate the anomaly. So, Sawyer, Juliette, etc. are somewhere else on the island and Faraday is acting as a spy. I do feel, though, that Richard is really important. Can't wait to find out his story.

So where have we seen the butcher shop lady before? I think everyone is right that the old lady at the end is Faradays' mom, and she was the one Desmond ran into at the jewelry shop. Also, remember that there was a picture of her on the desk of the monk at Desmond's monastery. So many little connections.

overcome
01-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I think everyone is right that the old lady at the end is Faradays' mom, and she was the one Desmond ran into at the jewelry shop. Also, remember that there was a picture of her on the desk of the monk at Desmond's monastery. So many little connections.

Yes I wanted to remind everyone about the pic at the monastery too.....

When Sun showed the pic of her DD to Kate she did say "here is a baby picture"

I don't know if I have the energy to keep up with LOST this year....I need a little more instant gratification coupled w/I've been away from it for so long.